EZ Scan Update Not working for me

Status
Not open for further replies.

w8nyy

Premium Subscriber
I downloaded and installed the latest copy of EZ Scan per the email I received today and it messed every thing up. On my Windows 10 home laptop the new version had no buttons to add, delete or copy frequencies and no scroll bars. I tried uninstalling it and installing the setup on the card but that doesn't have DMR as an option and no place to set Talkgroup CC or slot. Is there anywhere I can download and install the latest version of EZ Scan just prior to today's update? I reported it to Whistler Support and they are looking into the bug. Please help!

Thanks,
Bob, W8NYY

W5RGP

I downloaded and installed the latest copy of EZ Scan per the email I received today and it messed every thing up. On my Windows 10 home laptop the new version had no buttons to add, delete or copy frequencies and no scroll bars. I tried uninstalling it and installing the setup on the card but that doesn't have DMR as an option and no place to set Talkgroup CC or slot. Is there anywhere I can download and install the latest version of EZ Scan just prior to today's update? I reported it to Whistler Support and they are looking into the bug. Please help!

Thanks,
Bob, W8NYY

same thing here

w8nyy

Premium Subscriber
You probably should report it to Whistler support. Right now they think I'm the only one with the issue. The last response I got while typing this was "We are looking into this. It seems some Win 10 systems but not all are experiencing this issue."
Thanks

w8nyy

Premium Subscriber
My screen resolution is 1920X1200. The recommended for this machine. Also, I had no issues with the previous version of EZ Scan with this resolution.

W5RGP

Mine on Win 10 Pro 64bit works fine on my TRX-1 and TRX-2 check your screen resolution settings

should not have to change my machine to make THEIR rush to fix software to work
Tried changing res before posting and it does not fix the problem anyway

KE0BTJ

Premium Subscriber
EZ Scan Update isn't working properly

No buttons to add or delete frequencies and no scroll bar either. Way to go Whistler, pretty jankie software to begin with, now this

Wilrobnson

Moderately Active Member
Working perfectly here. Just in time for me to pound in 300 freqs (building a new codeplug ahead of a trip).

Thanks Whistler!

w5rah

I downloaded the new EZ-Scan for my 1080 scanner (officially upgraded GRE PSR-800) and I wanted to update my trunking system list. I go to change the system name and it only allows me to now enter just one character in the name box. Anyone else experience this problem?

BrianG61UK

I downloaded the new EZ-Scan for my 1080 scanner (officially upgraded GRE PSR-800) and I wanted to update my trunking system list. I go to change the system name and it only allows me to now enter just one character in the name box. Anyone else experience this problem?

Yes, the alpha tag you enter gets truncated to just one character!!!!:mad:

BrianG61UK

Thanks,
Bob, W8NYY

Where is this problem in the program? Screenshot please.

jaspence

Premium Subscriber
"should not have to change my machine to make THEIR rush to fix software to work
Tried changing res before posting and it does not fix the problem anyway"

Earlier postings criticized Whistler for not fixing it soon enough, and it wasn't even their fault. If you haven't done any programming, you have no idea how a small change made without notice can cause expense and frustration for other users.

momotych

Win7 32bit : no scrolling bar, no edit buttons on the right. No matter resolutions/compatibility.

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
They're working on a fix. Wendy has posted instructions to "get around" the issue in the meantime.

Status
Not open for further replies.