Worth buying another scanner? Edm AB

Status
Not open for further replies.

gqtrebor

Was thinking of buying another scanner, what are your thoughts? is it worth it? think Edmonton will be gone encrypted soon?

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
If all you want to listen to still is EPS and transit police, then probably not worth buying a scanner. While still on EDACS they are not fully encrypted, although they certainly do use encryption for a lot of stuff, the almost certainly will be fully encrypted when the city finally transitions to AFRRCS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yeg_scan

The RR database is not all that accurate here .. but agree with the post above, I would not spend anything right now. Unless you want to listen to non-public services .. there will soon be little to listen to with some services already encrypted on the new AFRRCS system.

mciupa

The RR database is not all that accurate here .. but agree with the post above, I would not spend anything right now. Unless you want to listen to non-public services .. there will soon be little to listen to with some services already encrypted on the new AFRRCS system.

I see you have made no submissions to correct the database, either with your current membership account, or the one you deactivated last summer. :(

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
Ouch! Just for reference, the U of A is the designated burn treatment center for Edmonton.

As for the original topic: If I had the cash, I would get at least two more scanners. I need a 536 for my truck, and I wouldn't mind trying out a NXDN capable Whistler on some of the systems in my hood.

yeg_scan

I see you have made no submissions to correct the database, either with your current membership account, or the one you deactivated last summer. :(

Spending thousands of hours of listening and gathering information .. to what give it to Lindsay to profit from. No thanks.

I will never submit anything to RR. I am not at all alone in this feeling here, and why things are the way they are. One of the reasons why organizations are encrypting in AB .. because of their data being posted here at RR.

robertmac

Premium Subscriber
Spending thousands of hours of listening and gathering information .. to what give it to Lindsay to profit from. No thanks.

I will never submit anything to RR. I am not at all alone in this feeling here, and why things are the way they are. One of the reasons why organizations are encrypting in AB .. because of their data being posted here at RR.

That's debatable but that's for another posts.

Back to the OP it would depend on what scanner/s you now have. I'm not going to buy another scanner for a while, but then I have a couple already.

Status
Not open for further replies.