2/7/18 - Issues with Win 10 and new EZ Scan installer

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhistlerWendy

Premium Subscriber
Hi everyone -

We are looking into some compatibility issues with some Win 10 operating systems and will have a universal fix after it has been tested on more pc’s In the meantime please follow the steps below and it should correct many of the issues that have been reported with Win 10.

Right click on the shortcut and select Properties > Compatibility > and under settings check the box for Override high DPI scaling behavior, then select System in the drop down box and hit Apply.

Thanks,
WW

djs9164

No Joy

Tried that setting. Did not work for me. 1088 Win 10 64bit NVIDIA GT 650. (Edit) Did not choose system. Choosing system worked.

Last edited:

laptophfx

The work a round won't work for me. It keeps saying "The item TRX2.exe that this shorcut refers to has been changed or moved, so this shorcut will no longer work properly.

Guess I'll just wait for WhistlerWendy to come up with another fix.

lehigh4me

Premium Subscriber
Laptopfix, you will need to delete that shortcut and make a new shortcut from the TRX2.exe application and apply the work a round. Then the work a round should work.

Last edited:

troymail

Silent Key
The work a round won't work for me. It keeps saying "The item TRX2.exe that this shorcut refers to has been changed or moved, so this shorcut will no longer work properly.

I think I've seen that in the past when my anti-virus thought it was a dangerous program and quarantined (moved) it.

dwood6

The resolution issue is fixed with this work around, but in the Trunked Radio Systems tab it will only take 1 character in the Alpha Tag column whether you are adding or changing a sytem.

garysvan

its not only windows 10 installs having the problems tried it on my win 7-64bit machine and my win 8.1-64bit laptop both have overlapping words in the backlite section under the general tab and all buttons on the right side of screen are missing in all tabs no matter what i try to adjust including the workaround posted. there are different versions for different radios this is ver 2.30.0.562 for the ws1080 radio downloaded today 20 min. ago. if i uninstall this version and install the old version every thing comes back but it then has the ssl problem for updating.

dmaria

Could be that your antivirus quarantined the program or deleted it. Myself and others are having this issue.

kb4rec

Hi everyone -

We are looking into some compatibility issues with some Win 10 operating systems and will have a universal fix after it has been tested on more pc’s In the meantime please follow the steps below and it should correct many of the issues that have been reported with Win 10.

Right click on the shortcut and select Properties > Compatibility > and under settings check the box for Override high DPI scaling behavior, then select System in the drop down box and hit Apply.

Thanks,
WW

Workaround worked for me.

Thanks

HOLEBILLY

I have windows 7 and this new download did a number on me. Wow are they going to fix this or what, this was working find until I did the download.

BrianG61UK

PLEASE can we have a fix for not being able to enter a trunked system with an Alpha Tag of more than one character too. (in EZ-Scan for the WS1080/|WS1088)

w5rah

I agree with BrianG61UK about needing a fix for the Alpha Tag for the trunked radio systems. I know its an issue on the 1080/1088 version. I've not attempted to update the 1098 version to see if there are issues with it.

Circa

I thought this dpi scaling issue was just my computer. Was going to make a report for it but no one else seemed to mention ever experiencing anything like it.
There is some text that isn't displayed correctly due to the scaling, most text just looks poorly scaled, and the program doesn't save some settings on exit.

The text that isn't scaling correctly is anything in the blue/white list, like the Welcome Text and Scanlist Control. It's especially noticeable with numbers, specifically 2.
The preferences that do not save are window position, like if you have it positioned to the side of the screen and the update check preference, it never saves that 10 seconds ago I just checked for updates.
My DPI scaling is set to 115%.

w8nyy

Hi everyone -

Thanks,
WW

This fixed the issue for me. Thank you!

JERRYBIGJ

Hi everyone -

Thanks,
WW

As of 2-7-18 all ez scan computer programs have been updated. 2.31 for 1080 and 1088 and 1095 and 1098 and 3.21 for trx-1 and trx-2. Click under updates on check for pc application update and you will receive the new update. Seems to fix all problems people are having.
Release notes for both versions are:
•Corrected display issues on Windows 10 PCs.
•Corrected an issue when editing the name of a trunked system where the name would be truncated to only the first character.
•Corrected an issue when editing the description of a V-Scanner folder where the description would be completely lost or truncated to the last line entered.
Jerry

Last edited:

garysvan

As of 2-7-18 all ez scan computer programs have been updated. 2.31 for 1080 and 1088 and 1095 and 1098 and 3.21 for trx-1 and trx-2. Click under updates on check for pc application update and you will receive the new update. Seems to fix all problems people are having.
Jerry
yes i did the update through the pc app update and it fixed the problems working good now thanks whistler.

WRAR891

The resolution issue is fixed with this work around, but in the Trunked Radio Systems tab it will only take 1 character in the Alpha Tag column whether you are adding or changing a sytem.

plus one on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.