How to find time slots on a scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

SVFC462

Feed Provider
if you have not purchased the $60 DMR upgrade you will need to do that first.

Register your scanner at myUniden - Login once your create a log in if you havent already.

troymail

Silent Key
I have a bcd996p2 and bcd325p2 scanner and I have a few DMR frequencies and need to look for the time slot

I don't have a 325 or 996 but you should be able to simply program the frequencies as conventional and if/when there is activity, the display should (might?) tell you which slot is in use - at least it does on the x36 models.

I assume these are frequencies not listed on the RRDB? How do you know the frequencies you have are actively using DMR?

SVFC462

Feed Provider
Program the frequency in the scanner and then make sure it’s set as digital audio search

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you program a TG , program it twice the time slot is defaulted to "any" , change it from any to slot 1. On the second addition of the time slot change that to slot 2 . See attached. If you label the TG CHP Police 1 for time slot 1 and CHP Police 2 for slot two when you receive you should now have corect slot. If you receive both then just pick any. Don't research with "any" chosen.
Brian

Last edited:

garys

Premium Subscriber
Yes. I don't have one currently, but I still have ARC-XT.

You have to add a new system, and then select either MotoTrbo or DMR. If it's not a MotoTrbo trunk, use DMR. Then add a new site. Put the frequency in there. Then go to Group and put in the TG number. Then you can put in the Time Slot, or "Any" if you don't know the specific one you want.

As far as I can tell, you can add the frequency to a conventional system, select the Color Code and listen that way, too. However in that mode you can't enter Time Slot or TG information.

If you're using different software or manual programming, the exact procedures will be different, but the result will be the same. If you enter the frequency as conventional, you'll get traffic from both Time Slots and all Talk Groups. If you enter it as "DMR" then it will program as a single frequency trunk system and you can enter TGs and TSs.

so i can do this with my bcd996p2 scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.