Confused

Status
Not open for further replies.

RobertNelson

Well 3 days ago I paid for my program to download & still do not have them???I have been a ham for over 62 years & can not follow the terms you use to explane what is happening next. You should include a sheet explaining what is the next step. I have a whistler WC1065 & am at a dead end. I hate to ask for my money back but am very confused.

troymail

Silent Key
Let's see if we can help - what exactly did you pay for (can you provide a link or web page reference)?

To program the 1065 without entering any data, you'll need to purchase both a RR premium subscription (which I see you have) and a software package.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Robert: You failed to say what software, but you should probably contact the software author (who may or may not see this post). It is also good practice to put details like that in the subject line. "Confused" is not going to be an attention getter for someone looking for comments on whatever software you are trying to post about.

Ronaldski

MI DB Admin
Database Admin
Digitals are very difficult to program to start off if your not experienced, I understand your frustration! I was to when I tried my first time years ago.

Look at these,
Radio Programming Help - The RadioReference Wiki

Programming Shortcut PSR-500/600 RS Pro-106/197 - The RadioReference Wiki

Web Service Programming Help - The RadioReference Wiki

Here is the video I mentioned to you before
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0FVdanCy-pM&t=

more https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xt6PexxD1Rs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PdzJL4WCuQY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWrOAEaTRv0

Here is what you need-
At https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=100
Seeing Alger has 4 towers, here are the frequencies, program in the closest tower to you to be safe at least. If you are able to get one set in, put in the other three sets.
Listed are the control channel frequencies, the voice frequencies are not needed in digital -

Grand Marias Alger, MI 853.475 853.975
Rumely (Sundel) Alger, MI 853.3875 853.825
Munising Alger, MI 852.8875 853.375
Melstrand Alger, MI 852.9625 853.950

Here are the talkgroups for Alger. The next two columns are the text you can have for the display when that talkgroup comes up. Limited to 16 characters across.

Talkgroup
5057 Countywide Common (Mutual Aid all agencies)
5061 Central 9-1-1 Police: Dispatch
5060 Munising Police: Proprietary
5055 Central 9-1-1 EMS: Dispatch
5056 County EMS to Hospital
5058 County EMS to Hospital
5059 County EMS to Hospital
5063 Special Events 2
6328 Alger County Transit 1
6356 Road Commission: Primary

Here are the analog frequencies for Alger-
https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?ctid=1228

Last edited:

RobertNelson

Sorry to say I find this the most confusing program that I have ever been on. I gave you all the data for the purchase of frequencys, It was all filled out & visa was used, now you say you never got the order? You have all the data what happened to it? I won.t know until I get my bank notice. Who I bring my scanner to to set it up for operation? It seems to be beyond my thinking or should I send it back to the Whistler? Any help would really help. Thwnks Bob N

mule1075

Feed Provider
Sorry to say I find this the most confusing program that I have ever been on. I gave you all the data for the purchase of frequencys, It was all filled out & visa was used, now you say you never got the order? You have all the data what happened to it? I won.t know until I get my bank notice. Who I bring my scanner to to set it up for operation? It seems to be beyond my thinking or should I send it back to the Whistler? Any help would really help. Thwnks Bob N
What exactly are you talking about?

djeplett

Hi Bob,

If you meant to send this to Whistler itself then please be aware this forum is not owned by Whistler. This is a privately owned forum put in place for radio hobbyists and this particular area of the site is for those of us who own Whistler branded radios to discuss them and offer eachother help.

If we can help in any way there are a few of us who try so feel free to ask questions. By the tone of your post, it appears you have very little knowledge of what your scanner can do. I recommend reading the manual and the wiki here on RadioReference and try to understand scanning in general first. If you bought a new Whistler it's kind of like not knowing how to ride a bike so you bought a Harley.

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber

Who did you order from? You need to contact that vendor/retailer. ScannerMaster? Someone else? Contact them via their website or refer to your order receipt in your email if you ordered online.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Robert I see you have purchased a subscription. Now before you go buying an application, let's be certain about the model of Whistler scanner you own. Note that anything blue is a link

If you own any of the scanners listed near the top of the article, the EZ-Scan application is preloaded on a SD card, or you can download it from the supplied link...

GRE/RS PC Object Oriented FAQ - The RadioReference Wiki

If, however, you have one of the scanners listed near the top of this article, you must purchase a separate app (either from RR's program or through the vendor) which is detailed in the Object Oriented Scanner Software article, which is linked from...

Getting Started with your GRE/RS Object Oriented Scanner - the RadioReference Wiki

Which one do you have? For the one that you own, please bookmark the correct FAQ as we will be referring to it again in further answers.

Mike

RobertNelson

R0bertNelson

I signed up once do I sign up again? You say you did not get my 30.00 payment on my Visa card so do I give it again? I need to get programing for my WS1065 so tell me what to do. Thank you Bob

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
I signed up once do I sign up again? You say you did not get my 30.00 payment on my Visa card so do I give it again? I need to get programing for my WS1065 so tell me what to do. Thank you Bob

Once again....

You need to tell us exactly what you signed up for?

Who did you make a payment to?

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Again, we are not RR officers, for the most part. I am a moderator of a few of the forums.

Do you see the 'Premium Subscriber' icon on the far right next to your location? Your USD30 has been processed. This gives you the rights to download data from our database, among other things. Now you need an application to be able to load data from the database to the scanner.

There are 3 primary applications that will work with the 1065; ARC500, Win500 and PSREdit500. If you look at the 'Object Oriented Scanner Software' link in the Getting Started article referenced previously (it's in blue), you will be taken to a page with links to these 3 applications (it's item number 3 in the article). 2 of the 3 - specifically ARC500 and Win500, have user guides which are linked at the bottom of the Getting Started article. Each of them also has a 1 month free trial so you can decide which you like best.

Before you jump in headfirst, I'd start reading the Getting Started guide along with the Easier to Read manual that's linked at the bottom. Try programming 1 thing at a time just to get a feel for Object Oriented programming. Once you have gotten the app, USB cable and scanner all working, I would go to our Michigan forum and ask for a file for your area, formatted for your application (the 3 are not interchangeable). This is sometimes the best way to get started.

Mike

Last edited:

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
This is extremely confusing. If he is coming back to post follow up messages he has to be reading the posts. Seems odd that he would not respond but continue to post things that do not answer the questions asked nor help direct what he needs answers to...

Maybe a mod or Admin can get his email or phone number on the server side and attempt to make contact.

Otherwise, Robert, numerous questions have been asked and you've yet to answer. This place is very helpful but you must provide enough information for a proper answer...

eaf1956

Feed Provider
Just guessing...I would say he got a membership to RR and now doesn't know how to use or access the database thinking that the subscription was all he needed. But being confused that is just a guess.

RobAinscough

I'm a new user also and I must admit, this site is very confusing and it's not obvious what a user is supposed to do or have. From my perspective:

1. Buy Scanner (primarily so I can listen to aircraft frequencies in my area) - I have the same scanner WS1065 as OP.

2. Scanner manual says goto RadioReference.com to automatically program your WS1065.

3. I goto this site and register and I see nothing about programming my WS1065, after searching the site I find a page (https://www.radioreference.com/apps/content/?cid=3) that says I need to buy a membership to get "web services" (I'm a software engineer so I actually know what web services are and they aren't what is being presented on that page).

4. I buy a Premium membership and all that does is give me another page that links me to more software I need to buy ... that's "not a web service".

5. So I go to the "software page" RadioReference.com Web Service - The RadioReference Wiki and I don't see my scanner listed?

6. So I guess at Butel software and go to this page: Butel Software ... on this page I see nothing about my scanner WS1065, in fact nothing very helpful at all?

I'll be perfectly honest with you, this entire chain of events I've followed seems more like a scam. I'm still sitting here going ok, now what and then I found this thread.

Maybe this isn't the intent, maybe this is all legit, but if it is, it has to be the worse method of encouraging new radio operators I've seen to date. At this point I honestly just want to call it quits and send my scanner back to the place I purchased it. I'm not trying to be "troll" like or harsh here, but I'm just relaying my experience as a novice to scanners/radios.

Cheers, Rob.

EDIT: update, it looks like I was on the right track with Butel, another $70 purchase and I'm was able to install and program my WS1065 with it ... I must admit, this was more "work" and additional "expense" than I was expecting on top of the WS1065 purchase.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.