Scanner Frequencies for Wheeling Wv area

Status
Not open for further replies.

RIDERFAN34

Hi yes i was wondering does anyone know if any of the countieson either the ohio or wv side use project 25 phase 2 cause i orderd a ws 1040 scanner and to have it programmed but i had this person who says that areas around wheeling wv st clairsville ohio area use analog digital phase 1 and 2 and from what i seen on here the only one that uses a phase 2 would be tuscarawas county ohio but i wanted to see if anyone had any info on if either the wv sirn or ohio marcs switched to project 25 phase 2 or do they still use project 25 phase 1 cause it said it was on radio reference that areas like Marshall County West Virginia and Surrounding Counties on both sides of the river use project 25 phase 2 but i thought they were using project 25 phase 1

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
There is no Phase II use on MARCS and won't be for quite a long time.

Tuscarawas has a Motorola Type II system (analog only), not to be confused with a P25 Phase II system.

There are currently 14 P25 systems in use in Ohio and only 1 is listed as using Phase II, Medina County.

There is only 1 public safety P25 system in use in WV (SIRN) and it appears to be all Phase I. Marshall County has talk groups on SIRN also showing Phase I.

The NASA facility in Marion County, WV is using Phase II.

(information from The Radio Reference Database)

Last edited:

durango5550

Booger D.
Hi yes i was wondering does anyone know if any of the countieson either the ohio or wv side use project 25 phase 2 cause i orderd a ws 1040 scanner and to have it programmed but i had this person who says that areas around wheeling wv st clairsville ohio area use analog digital phase 1 and 2 and from what i seen on here the only one that uses a phase 2 would be tuscarawas county ohio but i wanted to see if anyone had any info on if either the wv sirn or ohio marcs switched to project 25 phase 2 or do they still use project 25 phase 1 cause it said it was on radio reference that areas like Marshall County West Virginia and Surrounding Counties on both sides of the river use project 25 phase 2 but i thought they were using project 25 phase 1

Riderfan ,

Belmont county still uses phase1 , But ALL law enforcement is encrypted. Fire and EMS is still in the clear. As mentioned Belmont county will be switching to Phase 2 sometime this year , When is unknown. As for Ohio county , Wheeling WV , OCSO and the rest of the areas fire and ems dispatch are all on the WVSIRN statewide system and that is a UHF trunking phase 2 system. The City system only has Operations and OVRTA still using it. hope that helps ya out a little.
Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.