• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

APX CPS and FW R17.01.01 - Instant Recall, Finally!

Status
Not open for further replies.

masstech

There is no other purpose to this new discussion than to say:

Finally, Motorola! The instant recall audio feature now puts you on equal level with Harris' instant recall on their XL-200P.

Grabbed an unwitting test radio, enable and set time to max, add the menu item - wow!

Now if we can get Harris BeOn, we would be able to provide coverage everywhere we have Wi-Fi. You know, Motorola, Wi-Fi isn't just useful for OTAP/OTAR, it's wide-bandwidth enough for RoIP too!

USCGTC1

Premium Subscriber
Just add this feature on my APX7k yesterday and I can only echo what you said. Long overdue and with ROIP being the future Big M better get there act together as the Harris 200P is starting to be a REAL contender for there starship APX8.

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
I installed this on my lone APX mobile on Tuesday. Playback is crisp and clear, no loss of quality of the signal being recorded. My only critique is that getting to the recordings is a bit clunky on the mobile, if you don't have a one-touch button to use. If you have to go through the menus, you hit RCNT, then SEL to select to listen to recordings, then scroll to the recording you want and hit PLAY. But I guess my beef is more with the lack of one-touch buttons on a mobile control head than anything else.

I have this feature in my Kenwood handhelds and it is hugely popular with my crews.

masstech

I installed this on my lone APX mobile on Tuesday. Playback is crisp and clear, no loss of quality of the signal being recorded. My only critique is that getting to the recordings is a bit clunky on the mobile, if you don't have a one-touch button to use. If you have to go through the menus, you hit RCNT, then SEL to select to listen to recordings, then scroll to the recording you want and hit PLAY. But I guess my beef is more with the lack of one-touch buttons on a mobile control head than anything else.

I have this feature in my Kenwood handhelds and it is hugely popular with my crews.

Can someone confirm the following behavior for us?

Playback
- Rcnt menu item
- [Recent Convs]
- Play, and if you play from earlier conversations, the radio automatically plays the next later conversation

Saving
- If you press save in the [Recent Convs] menu or with a long press of a button assigned to Audio Recall
- the radio saves the most recent conversations in it's memory to the [Saved Convs] menu
- a short press of the Audio Recall button will play that set of conversations
- saving a refreshed set of conversations will replace the previous set of conversations

Intelligent Priority Scan is an awesome and long desired feature. Now one can scan conventional AND trunking WITH priority members on trunked personalities mixed with conventional channels.

We have been waiting for this as well, and it changes our plans of thinking of patching some analog channels. We will probably still do that, but subscriber units will get programmed with the analog channels and have proper MDC encode and decode.

masstech

While we are here: before someone pretends they know it all and spout misinformation like last time with R16:

No, a properly programmed radio with FW R17.01.01 will not affiliate with a 7.17 system.

If the latest firmware and system software does not make radios affiliate, then previous versions definitely will not by default.

No, we will not help you program your radio. You can do that yourself with all the information that is here on this forum.

We are still new to all this (GenWatch is very powerful! Were we even on the right window? ATIA is what we want for air traffic, yes?) but in no way we able to get units configured to not affiliate to do so. It will be interesting to send inhibit commands to all radio IDs that are not registered (especially 1!) but it is not worth the time.

Speaking of the demo system... Expensive! No thanks, MOTOTRBO it is. The GTR 8000s are big too. MOTOTRBO has the 1U SLR 5700s now. You can cram 10 or more repeaters into a 42U rack and still have space for power, network, clock, and batteries for each repeater.

Maybe it is time to get out of the private industry and into government work to play with the big bad systems.

scfr

APX Instant Recall: Deleting saved recordings

So, I got the RCNT in the menu to go see SAVED messages etc, but how do I delete the saved messages? Also, how many messages will it save?

masstech

So, I got the RCNT in the menu to go see SAVED messages etc, but how do I delete the saved messages? Also, how many messages will it save?

We have been testing it on our personal radios, and we think the training will look something like this:

1. Your radio will save the last 60 seconds of audio, no matter how many transmissions there are
2A. You can save that "log" of 60 seconds of audio by long pressing the button you have "Audio Recall" assigned to if your radio has been programmed that way
2B. or by pressing "Save" in the "[Recent Convs]" log which you access from "Rcnt"
3. Your radio will continue deleting old audio and saving the last 60 seconds of audio that it hears
4A. To play the saved set of audio transmissions, you can short press the "Audio Recall" button
4B. or going to "Rcnt" then "[Saved Convs]"

Note 1. You will not be able to delete the "[Saved Convs]" log.
Note 2. Writing a new codeplug will empty the "[Recent Convs]" log, but the "[Saved Convs]" will still be saved.
Note 3. There is no way to clear the "[Saved Convs]".

If we remember, we will call on Monday and see if there is a way to clear the saved conversations log, but we do not think it is really important or necessary. Maybe someone will figure this out first and beat us to the punch here.

jrothwell

I have an APX7000L, and the CPS will only let me set the max buffer time to 30sec even though the "help" says that it can be set to a max of 60sec. Anyone have any idea why?

N1GTL

Database Admin

THIS??? Anyone? I got it working but didn't see a delete option.

scfr

I tried on an APX4500 this morning and it gave me the 30 sec option only. My 8000 and 8500's both give up to 60.

scfr

ANOTHER ISSUE Found: The Audio Recall option is not available on every button, etc.. It also operates differently based on the radio and/or head attached.

dgruver911

Tried the new FW and CPS on a couple of our APX6000's but can't seem to figure out how to make the Instant Recall work. I added the RCNT button to the menu but that doesn't seem to do anything. Am I missing something?

masstech

Did you set the buffer size?

Radio Serial Number > Radio Wide > Features > Record Playback Audio Buffer Size (sec) - set this to something other than disabled. 60s is the maximum, unless you have an AN APX 7000, in which case it is 30s.

You have the APX CPS, so you have the CPS Help as well.

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
Will the Motorola 3 year warranty cover the RAM/buffer dying after 2 1/2 years of constant recording on multiple shifts same APX? :-\

Paul

dgruver911

OK finally got time to go back in and play with the APX6000. Buffer was already set for 30 secs; found Audio Playback as an option for the top or side buttons. Not sure why it wasn't there before, but it is now. Got it to work, but not sure I like it. Seems like the save/playback is a bit awkward to do, but then I'm not used to using a pager with playback either. If I am doing this right, you have to long-press the button to have it record/save the last 30 secs, then you can short press to listen to the saved recordings in sequence or use the menu to listen to them individually?

Status
Not open for further replies.