Lincoln Police to encrypt

Status
Not open for further replies.

33kracing

So I'm assuming their primary dispatch talkgroups will remain over the air for scanner listeners, with records check/tactical talkgroups being encrypted?

So I'm assuming their primary dispatch talkgroups will remain over the air for scanner listeners, with records check/tactical talkgroups being encrypted?

How LJS made it sounds LE is 100% encrypted and can only listen via app with 10 minute delay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
It looks like all live LE will be encrypted, but they will stream their dispatch in the clear with a 10 minute delay. I am curious though why they would conduct a survey and totally ignore the results.

Amen. I feel like protesting! I feel like dispatch and talk around should be open.

And lock
Tactical
Narcotics
Surveillance
Hospitals

Madona

I purchased a digital Scanner knowing they were going Digital, not expecting encrypted. If I had to, i could deal with 10 minute delay, but forcing me to use the feed from the LPD on an app, and not being able to use my radio is my concern.

xmo

Less than 500 responded to the poll out of a population of 280,000. That is less than 2/10 of one percent. This undoubtedly led them to believe that they had heard from all 400 scanner owners and that the general public didn't really care.

KC3ECJ

Why did hardly any of these agencies care about scrambling or encryption before digital?

I mean voice inversion has already been around a long time, sure it isn't very secure, but it keeps away many casual listeners.

Why did hardly any of these agencies care about scrambling or encryption before digital?

I mean voice inversion has already been around a long time, sure it isn't very secure, but it keeps away many casual listeners.

They have pro voice right now and think it’s encrypted and no one can hear them.

I think they should keep how it is now where investigation, tactical should only be encrypted.

ORION_NE

Premium Subscriber

It's waaaaaaaay cheaper now.

Plus the live streams and people who tweet what they've heard from the scanner. Also with live streams news media can buy a subscription to download dispatch audio from live streams and play it without going through the proper channels. Watch ABC news they usually will have an audio clip from this website. But the owner doesn't care as long as he gets his money.

Status
Not open for further replies.