P25 Phase 2 scanner recommendation

Status
Not open for further replies.

scottybo14

I'm a little lost. Have been on the EDACS system for several years and am looking to upgrade with my county as they are all going to P25 Phase 2.

Base unit vs handheld is of no importance as it will be used primarily for feed purposes on Broadcastify. Also have a mounted antenna, so that is of no importance either.

Manual programming easiness is pretty important as there is no information on new frequencies as of yet. Law enforcement is on the new system already. Fire and EMS are making the swap next week.

My pockets aren't deep, so value vs top-of-the-line is more important there.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
I agree with the BCD996P2. I use a BCD996XT for my feed which I bought 2 weeks before the P2 came out, though I don't need Phase II at this time. It replaced my BCT15X which replaced a BCT15 before that. These scanners have a record out jack that has an even audio out which is great for feeds.

scanphreak

I'm a little lost. Have been on the EDACS system for several years and am looking to upgrade with my county as they are all going to P25 Phase 2.

Base unit vs handheld is of no importance as it will be used primarily for feed purposes on Broadcastify. Also have a mounted antenna, so that is of no importance either.

Manual programming easiness is pretty important as there is no information on new frequencies as of yet. Law enforcement is on the new system already. Fire and EMS are making the swap next week.

Thanks in advance.
Uniden BCD-325P2 would be my recommendation for a scanner feed that does P2.

Sent from my SM-G930R7 using Tapatalk

lou9155

wait until the next radio from uniden and/or whistler comes out. the current sd card based scanners are horrible to listen to p25 wise...and require too many steps to do simple tasks...most here love having the database but its such a trade off......imho

3King

Premium Subscriber

Thanks in advance.

Bcd436hp for handheld and bcd536hp for base I have both radios and love them both. No issues at all with anything and work amazing if programmed properly. I am a digital scanner freak you can say. I have all upgrades for both radios.

Skypilot007

Premium Subscriber
There's no such thing. Simulcast is what causes distortion, and can be used with digital or analog.

Sorry I mis-typed that...I know what causes the distortion. Apparently Uniden and Whistler do not and refuse to demodulated linear simulcast systems properly. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.