STARS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris45

What are the "RED" and "BLUE" channels found in all the system Regions?

Many thanks in advance!

clbsquared

Control channels and alternate control channels. It tells you in the small section just above the site and frequency section. In big bold red and blue letters.

Last edited:

tglendye

Blue Ridge Mountains, Shenandoah River
Premium Subscriber
Control channels and alternate control channels. It tells you in the small section just above the site and frequency section. In big bold red and blue letters.

Or... is the OP referring to the talk groups that are named Red or Blue? Most agencies have them. For example VSP: Red 2.

I don't know the official answer of those talkgroups. I think they give each division or agency extra channels as needed, but do not know if the exact designated use (if there is one).

Chris45

STARS Talkgroups, RED and Blue

Or... is the OP referring to the talk groups that are named Red or Blue? Most agencies have them. For example VSP: Red 2.

I don't know the official answer of those talkgroups. I think they give each division or agency extra channels as needed, but do not know if the exact designated use (if there is one).

I believe you may be correct, until it can be proven to be different. Thank you!

troymail

Silent Key
This was my first reaction/thought to the question as well but then I quickly thought (based on previous threads) that Chris already knew that.... then my mind went to the talkgroups... and I thought this had been discussed not all that long ago.

Here is what I found so far:

https://forums.radioreference.com/virginia-radio-discussion-forum/360592-vsp-stars-question.html

KC4ASF

Feed Provider
Premium Subscriber
Red usually seems a hot subject channel. Such as when the VSP ERT is called out. Blue seems to be literally VSP protection during an event.

W4UVV

Stars users statewide RED & BLUE(BLU) talkgroups

FYI here they are for STARS users statewide:

VSP Divs 1-7 Blue
C&R Districts 1-7 Red
DOC Regions C, E, W Red
DOC Regions C, E, W Blu (These are NOT typos)
DEM Regions 1-7 Red
DEM Regions 1-7 Blu
DOF Regions/Zones 1-6 Red
DOF Regions/Zones 1-6 Blue
DGIF Regions 1-5 Blue
MRC Regiions E, N, S, M Red
MRC Regions E, N, S, M Blue
VDOT Districts 1-9 Red

Note: Not all STARS users have both Red and Blue(Blu) talkgroups.

For examples: DOC Regions C, E, W Red = DOC REDC (Central ), DOC REDE (East) and DOCW (West)

C&R Districts 1-7 Red = District 1 RED1; District 2 RED2, etc., through District 7 RED 7

Each of the talkgroup ranges listed above will have their appropriate matching talkgroup number assigned within each particular STARS user's assigned talkgroup numbers range.

John
W4UVV

Status
Not open for further replies.