TRX-1: Trx-1 display

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueMoon2

Premium Subscriber
Wondering if someone very knowledgeable about Trx-1 can answer this question. What type of display does the Trx-1 use? Is it led, oled or what? It’s very hard to read when just scanning and greatly helps to have light on and ‘light on and in mute with traffic’. Whistler Wendy or anybody have insight?

Psr-500 display is way better to read than trx-1. I hate to say it but I would much rather have my bcd436hp for its display than the trx-1.

tumegpc

Premium Subscriber
Check some of your display settings. I have mine set at Contrast : 12 and Litelevel : 3 and have no trouble viewing. I leave my backlite display on.

Last edited:

troymail

Silent Key
I can't see/read much of the information on the 436 - would be nice if Uniden would give options for users to display selected/more limited data of interest in larger fonts...

Both the 436 and TRX-1 displays can be hard to see/read without backlighting. However, if you adjust the backlight settings for the TRX-1, it becomes much easier to see/read than the 436. You can have the backlight on full time (not recommended while running on batteries), on button presses, upon channels becoming active (globally), per channel/talkgroup activation... many options. It also allows for multiple levels of contrast and brightness (as mentioned above).

DJ11DLN

No TRX here (yet) but my 1080s, 1095, and 1098 use the same display. Careful fiddling with light level and contrast makes a big difference. All of these types are difficult to read with no back light except when the ambient light levels are just right.

+1 on the 436 display being difficult to read under even the best circumstances. That is one of my main gripes about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.