Extra data displayed in alpha tags.

Status
Not open for further replies.

lukemester

Feed Provider
Hello,

I recently upgraded to a scanner that supports alpha tags. The tags are working but I'm seeing extra data beside the tag. Things like "(468554141?nocache=114061)". See attached screen images.

Images alpha2.jpg and alpha3.jpg are the feed being provided from Radioreference. These have the extra text. alpha4.jpg and alpha5.jpg is the feed taken from my local Radiofeed web server. These don't have the extra text. It looks like this text is being added by Radioreference.

Any idea how I can fix this?

I'm running Radiofeed 4.2 on Windows 10. The attached scanner is a Bearcat BCT15X. This is a stereo feed. Alpha tags apply to the left channel only. The right channel has an older scanner that does not provide tags.

Attachments

• Alpha2.jpg
    Alpha2.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 176
  • Alpha3.jpg
    Alpha3.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 192
  • Alpha4.jpg
    Alpha4.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 173
  • Alpha5.jpg
    Alpha5.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 172

lukemester

Feed Provider
Could anyone test this with their copy of Winamp?

I'd like to know if this is a general problem or just happening to me. If you have Winamp installed could you access my feed and see if you also have the extra data in the alpha tag?

My feed URL:
https://www.broadcastify.com/listen/feed/15426

Also, I tested it with the VLC player and had no problems.

Attachments

• VLC-Alpha.jpg
    VLC-Alpha.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 116

jel250

That's very weird but I'm use to using ProScan when it comes to Alpha Tags... I would have to assume it's a software issue.

lukemester

Feed Provider
I should try installing the free trial of Proscan and see if I still have the problem. I'm currently running Radiofeed. The free software from the same author.

lukemester

Feed Provider
You can go into RadioFeed metadata and select exactly what you want displayed in the alpha tags.

Yes, I've done that. I'm using %C - %F (Channel name - Frequency). The extra data looks to me like some type of HTML directive "nocache". Makes sense to me. You won't want to cache a live stream. It's not something you should see in the alpha tag.

Finally, I may just have to give up on using winamp. It's really old and has not been supported for years. It just happens to be my favorite music player. At least this won't impact many of my feed listeners. Nearly all of my user agents are smartphone apps. I'm just an old guy that likes to use a desktop PC. I normally use my Andriod phone just for talking & texting :)

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
The problem you are experiencing is a combination of the Icecast server and the WinAmp media player.
If the source client (in this case RadioFeed and ProScan) is not configured with a Stream Name, Icecast servers will make up a Stream Name consisting of the Mount and "?nocache=" that it sends to the media players. WinAmp will use the stream name in the display metadata area.

For a work around, put something in the stream name box in RadioFeed or ProScan.

Broadcastify uses Icecast servers.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.