Question RE Galveston County Simulcast

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dale67

OK With Me Living In TexasCity The Simulcast Freq i BELIEVE TO BE CORRECT...I HOPE IS LCN: 9, Freq = 773.943750, Use = D Does The "D" Stand For Digital Or Data as i have a whistler ws1040 Scanner

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
OK With Me Living In TexasCity The Simulcast Freq i BELIEVE TO BE CORRECT...I HOPE IS LCN: 9, Freq = 773.943750, Use = D Does The "D" Stand For Digital Or Data as i have a whistler ws1040 Scanner
If you are referring to the letter D in the mode column of the Texas City talkgroups, that does indicate 'digital', or to be more precise, "P25 Phase I". If Phase I is in use, then your WS1040 can process those transmissions. However, a few Galveston area talkgroups are using P25 Phase II, which is indicated by the letter T in the mode column. Your scanner would not be able to receive any talkgroup using Phase II. And, if there is a letter E along with the D or T, then that indicates encryption in use, which no scanner can monitor.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I JUST Wasted MONEY THAT I DONT EVEN FRIGGIN HAVE..JUST DANDY
I don't think I would say that to be the case.

The majority of Galveston County talkgroups (both the county itself, as well as cities) are still P25 Phase 1 (Mode D), which your scanner can receive. Where there is some encryption being used, a quick look shows that the main dispatch channels are in the clear, not encrypted. Certain tactical or sensitive channels are Phase II, and or encrypted, but on the whole there appears to be quite a bit still receivable for your unit.

Dale67

Galveston County Control Channel

SomeOne PLEASE Help Me I Have A Whistler WS1040 Scanner And EverSince I Bought It i CAN'T Seem To Figure Out How To Program The Damn Thing As Far As The P25 Simulcast Control Channel For Galveston County And The LAST TIME i TRIED TO Program it I Couldn't Get ANY AUDIO or The Audio Was SOMEWHAT Choppy So WHERE DOES 1 Go For ANY NEW UPDATED INFO On The Control Channel Issue / Audio Program Part For The Galveston County P 25 Control Channel I'm ALMOST At My Whits End

Ensnared

Premium Subscriber
Galveston Load

I have monitored the Galveston system using the same basic radio as the 1040, the GRE PSR 500. But, the radio you are using is one of the worst for linear simulcast distortion. The "choppy" reception tends to be related to "linear simulcast distortion." Furthermore, there are certain talk groups that you cannot monitor with that radio since it is Phase I, not Phase II. For example, you can see that there is a "T" next to Galveston PD Channel 2. You won't hear anything marked "T."

If you like, I would be happy to program your radio and send you an email containing a Galveston file. However, in order to load my information, you will need to have Win500 software.

If you are trying to program that radio through that narrow window, as opposed to the software showing more visual options, you will be busy for quite some time. Let me know if you want me to do this.

Last edited:

Dale67

Ensnared
Yes U Can Program My Radio For Me As I'm So lost when it comes to programming a DIGITAL SCANNER But i do have the DEMO VERSION OF WIN500 I ALSO HAVE THE DEMO VERSIONS OF ARC500 AND WIN96 But Due To A VERRY LOW FINACIAL Issue i Am UNABLE TO BUY ANY Of The ABOVE SOFTWARE So I HAVE TO STICK WITH THE DEMO VERSION...FOR NOW ANYWAYS....LOL

P.S. THANKS FOR OFFERING TO HELP IT IS SOOO Appreciated by Me Feel Free To pm Me for ANYOTHER Questions Or Tips /Advice

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Ensnared
Yes U Can Program My Radio For Me As I'm So lost when it comes to programming a DIGITAL SCANNER But i do have the DEMO VERSION OF WIN500 I ALSO HAVE THE DEMO VERSIONS OF ARC500 AND WIN96 But Due To A VERRY LOW FINACIAL Issue i Am UNABLE TO BUY ANY Of The ABOVE SOFTWARE So I HAVE TO STICK WITH THE DEMO VERSION...FOR NOW ANYWAYS....LOL

P.S. THANKS FOR OFFERING TO HELP IT IS SOOO Appreciated by Me Feel Free To pm Me for ANYOTHER Questions Or Tips /Advice
Dale,
I understand that you're using demo software at this time. However, has it been installed longer than 30 days? If so, it will not actually function to load a file. If you only installed the demo version of one program, then you might be able to install another of the three that work with your scanner, in order to get a file loaded.

Since Ensnared is going to send you a Win500 file, make sure that the 30 day demo has not expired on that software. Note that uninstalling the software, then reinstalling it on the same PC, will not reset the demo time period.

Dale67

hiegtx,

NO The 30 day demo version HAS NOT EXPIRED AS OF YET On ANY OF THE 3 DEMO SOFTWARES I HAVE INSTALLED i also have the Whistler Scanner trx 1 software installed as well since i DO HAVE A WHISTLER SCANNER Lol THANKS FOR THE Advice/INFO AGAIN IT IS GREATLY APPRECIATED By YOURS TRULY

Ensnared

Premium Subscriber
Ok, I am going to get started on this now. I am going to program Galveston Island. Do you also want to load the various surrounding LE agencies within Galveston County? There is plenty to hear without using Phase II talk groups. Since this takes a bit of time, I am going to start now so that you can get your radio loaded before the Win500 file expires. I started to load what I already had in one of my V-Folders, but the information is dated.

So, what do you want to hear? Let me put it to you this way. The last time I was in Galveston, it was Mardi Gras 2017. Then, I heard the U.S. Attorney General or State Attorney General, I cannot recall, looking for bad guys. I also heard a lot of clear narcotic surveillance.

If you have an outside antenna, that is good. If you are using the RS 800 MHz rubber antenna, that is also good.

I am going to get started by programming LE, EMS, and DPS.

I will also forward a Word Document indicating which banks I've used, 2-20. I never ever use 01 since it is my default to avoid the detachment between talk groups and systems.

So, if you have any special requests, let me know.

At present, I need for you to make sure you have the USB cable programmed. You can check this by going into Win500 to "Monitor Control." Then, while the radio is on and connected to the computer, see if pressing the "Monitor Control" and then "start" results in an online running of your radio. If you can see it running on the computer, we are in business. If this works, make sure you turn off "Monitor Control."

Last edited:

Ensnared

Premium Subscriber
Email Address

hiegtx,

NO The 30 day demo version HAS NOT EXPIRED AS OF YET On ANY OF THE 3 DEMO SOFTWARES I HAVE INSTALLED i also have the Whistler Scanner trx 1 software installed as well since i DO HAVE A WHISTLER SCANNER Lol THANKS FOR THE Advice/INFO AGAIN IT IS GREATLY APPRECIATED By YOURS TRULY

Please, send an email address via PM so that I can forward the Galveston program.

Last edited:

Dale67

Curious

What's The BEST AND EASIEST Way That I Can Program The RR Database System Channels AND The Talkgroups Of Galveston County Tx Into My Scanner Using Win500 From a NEWBIE StandPoint

Dale67

troymail

Silent Key
For the basic programming, start Win500, login, select country, state, and county then the system....

You must select at least one site and then one or more groups of talkgroups and then import into Win500.

Then, write to your scanner...

Beyond that - what specific problem(s) are you experiencing?

Dale67

Troymail

i have someone on here who IS TRYING TO HELP But My Scanner IS Fighting Me whenever i try to load the info i am given i hear NO Audio On ANY OF THE CHANNELS and NOW I CAN'T Seem TO UPDATE MY Scanners info P.S. I HAVE A WHISTLER WS1040 Scanner

Dale67

Dale67

Galveston County Channels QUESTION

Has ANYBODY EVER SEEN THESE GALVESTON COUNTY FREQS BEFORE?? IN NO ORDER THEY ARE

Galveston County Simulcast 769.443750 770.181250 770.781250 770.943750 771.893750 772.681250 773.181250 773.343750 and can SOMEONE TELL ME IF THEY ARE CORRECT IE DO THEY WORK ??

Dale67

KE5VJH

As this seems to be the closet post referencing Galveston County Simulcast (GCS), I will pose my question here since I don't seem to have read it else where on the forum. I have a Uniden BC796D that is loaded with the latest firmware which includes the rebanding details. When entering the control channel frequencies (Primary & Alternate) for the GCS it shows them to be out of range. I have tried to enter them manually into the scanner which shows "out of range", ARC250 Software which reverts the frequency to 512.000 MHz when it uploads to the scanner, and Scan Master shows it to be out of range for this scanner. Any input would be appreciated. Thank You

troymail

Silent Key
As this seems to be the closet post referencing Galveston County Simulcast (GCS), I will pose my question here since I don't seem to have read it else where on the forum. I have a Uniden BC796D that is loaded with the latest firmware which includes the rebanding details. When entering the control channel frequencies (Primary & Alternate) for the GCS it shows them to be out of range. I have tried to enter them manually into the scanner which shows "out of range", ARC250 Software which reverts the frequency to 512.000 MHz when it uploads to the scanner, and Scan Master shows it to be out of range for this scanner. Any input would be appreciated. Thank You

The specs for that radio indicated that it does not do 700 Mhz....

https://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/BC796D

Status
Not open for further replies.