UCALL and UTAC frequencies/licenses

Status
Not open for further replies.

SlipNutz15

Wacker
Feed Provider
I see the state has licensed a local tower in Port Royal (JUNI05) for the UCALL and UTAC channels.

I know we have all the UCALL and UTAC frequencies in our fire and EMS radios in Juniata County but if we were to use them, we are to go into Direct Mode.

Does anyone know if these frequencies are going to have repeaters enabled and/or patch capable to the state system for any reason?

Attachments

• JUNI05.jpg
    JUNI05.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 436

ecps92

The license is for Repeaters [FB2]
ULS License - Public Safety Pool, Conventional License - WQIE500 - Commonwealth of Pennsylvania - Frequencies Summary

Each State varies on how these are Coordinated/Enabled
Generally a state agency is in-charge and the Repeaters [V/U/700/800] get enabled [turned on] as needed/requested
I see the state has licensed a local tower in Port Royal (JUNI05) for the UCALL and UTAC channels.

I know we have all the UCALL and UTAC frequencies in our fire and EMS radios in Juniata County but if we were to use them, we are to go into Direct Mode.

Does anyone know if these frequencies are going to have repeaters enabled and/or patch capable to the state system for any reason?

redbeard

OH, PA, WV Regional Admin
Database Admin

The interoperability overlays are spaced out among the many towers the state employs in the system. There are repeaters, and they do correspond to talkgroups on the Opensky system. Whether these will stay and connect to the new P25 system remains to be seen.

http://www.psp.pa.gov/About Us/Documents/PA-STARNet_UHF_Overlay_Maps.pdf

http://www.psp.pa.gov/About Us/Documents/PA-STARNet_VHF_Overlay_Maps.pdf

HM1529

Pennsylvania DB Admin
Database Admin
The interoperability overlays are spaced out among the many towers the state employs in the system. There are repeaters, and they do correspond to talkgroups on the Opensky system. Whether these will stay and connect to the new P25 system remains to be seen.

http://www.psp.pa.gov/About Us/Documents/PA-STARNet_UHF_Overlay_Maps.pdf

http://www.psp.pa.gov/About Us/Documents/PA-STARNet_VHF_Overlay_Maps.pdf

I'm still trying to figure out what agency, if any, actually has the ability to monitor the talkgroups linked to the repeaters. I have yet to see a radio or a fleetmap that includes the talkgroups. But hey, if you're a local responder and you have the frequencies, you've got free repeaters. If it were needed, I suppose they could reprogram the Opensky radios over the air to include a talkgroup for the local UTAC repeater in a county should an incident arise. This isn't difficult for a preplanned event, but they don't exactly give on the fly interoperability with any state agencies.

redbeard

OH, PA, WV Regional Admin
Database Admin
I'm still trying to figure out what agency, if any, actually has the ability to monitor the talkgroups linked to the repeaters. I have yet to see a radio or a fleetmap that includes the talkgroups. But hey, if you're a local responder and you have the frequencies, you've got free repeaters. If it were needed, I suppose they could reprogram the Opensky radios over the air to include a talkgroup for the local UTAC repeater in a county should an incident arise. This isn't difficult for a preplanned event, but they don't exactly give on the fly interoperability with any state agencies.

Yeah it doesn't seem very useful right now. Outside of EMA/911 I don't think any other responders in my county even know about or understand it. Then again maybe those circles were the only ones it was meant for as no information has trickled down to the individual departments.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Twister_2

Feed Provider
In Dauphin County, I receive a Cap+ TRBO system on 453.2125 with traffic on TG 9. I posted this information to this site last month in hopes that people would be interested in finding the source of these communications but I was struck down and told that all of my radios (including DSD+ and XPR7550) are receiving from a nearby frequency (lol because whoever told me that doesn't understand digital).

Good luck Gregory.

Status
Not open for further replies.