FleetNet P25 tweaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

I900D658

hi Gary123 i was just reading one of your help post and noticed you were saying there are tweeks for getting p25 to work better would you be willing to share that info with me

thank
jim

moonbounce

Judy2, you might want to specify what software program you are using to listen to p 25, or maybe you are using a scanner, if so what brand?

MB

gary123

hi Gary123 i was just reading one of your help post and noticed you were saying there are tweeks for getting p25 to work better would you be willing to share that info with me

thank
jim

For the system wide I set the end code to both analog and digital. Enabled the AGC for both analog and digital. Left the status bit off.

For the sites I set the mode to FM. The P25 waiting time to 200. The P25 threshold level to manual and 7.

I found these settings really improved the performance of the scanner.

I900D658

Judy2, you might want to specify what software program you are using to listen to p 25, or maybe you are using a scanner, if so what brand?

MB
i am using436 and 536 and programming with sentinnel sorry i thought i mentioned that

gary123

I use butel. The settings should be easy enough to find in sentinel. One set is in the system parameters the other is in the department section.

mciupa

If using Sentinel, create a Favourite List that has FleetNet in it. Edit this Favourite List, site by site. Each site will need the Digital Settings altered.

You can also do it by hand,by the key pad. Push Menu, edit Favorite List, Edit Site,Digital Threshold Mode should be set to MANUAL, Digital Waiting Time is 400ms on default, roll it back to 200ms.

I900D658

If using Sentinel, create a Favourite List that has FleetNet in it. Edit this Favourite List, site by site. Each site will need the Digital Settings altered.

You can also do it by hand,by the key pad. Push Menu, edit Favorite List, Edit Site,Digital Threshold Mode should be set to MANUAL, Digital Waiting Time is 400ms on default, roll it back to 200ms.

i changed the settings to your spec and yes it does seem to work better thanks for the info

Status
Not open for further replies.