TRX-2: Weather in background

Status
Not open for further replies.

anelson5004

I am hearing the weather in the background of certain frequencies on my TRX2 but I do not hear it on my TRX1 and I am using the exact same outdoor antenna for both scanners. I am hearing it on frequencies 155.175, 155.595, and 155.775 just to list a few. Any help you can provide will be greatly appreciated.

anelson5004

anelson5004

I am about 10 minutes from the tazewell county airport & turning on the attenuation doesn't help. I still hear the weather in the background on my trx2 but not on my trx1.

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
You may have to buy a 162.425 Filter or send the scanner in for repair. I have a church using cheap Chinese wireless mikes that are all over the place on 155.205 for about 1/4 mile from the Church on any external antenna.

anelson5004

Audio attached of weather in background on frequency 155.175 pl tone 82.5. My TRX1 does not do this at all. All I do is unhook the antenna from my TRX2 and hook it up on my trx1, which is what is disturbing. Any help you can provide will be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• TRX2 Weather background .zip
    35.8 KB · Views: 30

troymail

Silent Key
Audio attached of weather in background on frequency 155.175 pl tone 82.5. My TRX1 does not do this at all. All I do is unhook the antenna from my TRX2 and hook it up on my trx1, which is what is disturbing. Any help you can provide will be greatly appreciated.

Maybe it's the recording - or my ears - but I'm not sure I'm hearing other than the unit reporting "clear the scene....no patient contact".... I might be hearing a faint sound in the background for a very brief time....

Ubbe

It's heard in the backround but stops when the dispatcher stops transmitting, but the pl tone is still on.
If it wheren't for the fact that you do not have this problem with the TRX-1 (and at different frequencies) I would say it is comming from the dispatchers audio. Some sort of coupling between audio/telephone lines and that the transmitters must then be located at the same place and using the same multi cable with leased lines.

Could try and listen to NOAA at 162MHz on another scanner I really check that it is in sync with the overheard audio?

/Ubbe

anelson5004

I do have the same problem with different frequencies, I just didn't post the recordings. I have the same problem with frequencies 155.670 pl 97.4, which is Grayson county VA sheriffs office, and Bristol VA PD 155.595 pl 100.0 if that will help. The problem only occurs on my trx2 and not my trx1.

pinballwiz86

Premium Subscriber
You have a better antenna on the TRX-2 than on the TRX-1, therefore you are receiving more signal overload from the NOAA weather radio tower.

Try using CTCSS codes, so the audio will not unmute by interference.

mule1075

Feed Provider
You have a better antenna on the TRX-2 than on the TRX-1, therefore you are receiving more signal overload from the NOAA weather radio tower.

Try using CTCSS codes, so the audio will not unmute by interference.
He stated it happens when he switches the antenna between radios. So I highly doubt he is getting overload. And rereading his post it looks like he is using CTCSS on at least more than one frequency he is hearing it on.

Ubbe

Suddenly I get the same thing now on the TRX-2. The local pocsag pager transmitter site some 3 miles away are somehow modulating every carrier in the same 160MHz band.
It is as clear as if it was mixed in the audio but at a lower level. I've never experianced anything like it. When it is RF overload or interference it sounds totally different and often distorted and much more modulated.

It must be something with the design of the RF frontend that let strong RF signals get thru to a varicap and create FM modulation or some similar phenomen.

/Ubbe

Status
Not open for further replies.