whistlerws1065

Status
Not open for further replies.

bmwdriver2017

Premium Subscriber
good evening people , I am new again into police scanners, I used to have a bearcat 210, and that was easy , I received as a gift a ws1065 , but I am lost , I did join radio reference , I paid the 30.00 , and I am now lost ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,not sure what to do, when to do it ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I looked at winamp , but that where im lost, do I pick my channels on radio reference , I did write the frequencies down , that I want , and that's where im not sure whats next, and the further set up
please excuse me , but im new, I live in new jersey and in the ocean county toms river area , but would like some Monmouth county frequencies as well
please advise and let me know if you can
many thanks
michael

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Hello Mike from another Mike - we have an article in our wiki (links are always blue) designed for folks like you...

Getting Started with your GRE/RS Object Oriented Scanner - The RadioReference Wiki

A couple of things to note here - your 1065 is equivalent to the older GRE PSR600- so anything written for the 600 is applicable. More to the point - your USD30 has registered you so you can download data from our database. But to do that, you need an app. There are 3 - Win500,ARC500 and PSREdi500. Along with an Easier to Read guide, 2 of the 3 have user guides which are linked at the bottom of the above article.

See the Object Oriented Scanner Software article which is also linked in the above article.

Mike

lou9155

your post from 1 28 2018 gave you all the answers your going to get from this reposting . did you reasearch the links posted about educating yourself about your scanner. you need the software that downloads from the database. i have the same scanner ..download ARC500 educate yourself on how to use the software..hook up your scanner using the programming cable into the pcif jack..then pick your frequencys..forget about your bc210 from the 70s...you just need to take your time.

Nasby

You have every bit of info needed to learn to program your scanner right here at Radioreference.

Use the search box at the top, do your reading like all of us have, ask informed questions.

And happy scanning to you!!

P.S. Winamp has nothing to do with scanner programming.

Status
Not open for further replies.