Private Feed with Recordings

Status
Not open for further replies.

jluisi86

I currently host one feed through Broadcastify and want to start another feed but privately. I would also like to have the feed recorded and saved locally. Is this even possible? Thank you!

rbm

I typically run my two feeds to Broadcastify AND eleven private feeds across several computers.
I've been doing that for 15 years or more.

There are several ways to do it.
Here's what I use.

I log all of the private feeds using ScanRec Pro. (may be hard to find now)

ScanRec records all of the alpha tags (with DMA scanners) and I have it set up to break the log files up every hour, on the hour.

Each of my computers has 8 TB or more of hard drives plus I share another 16 TB on my private home LAN.
I usually save the log files for each scanner, for a year or more.

Then I use Windows Grep to search the files for all occurrences of specific frequencies etc..

Two of the private feeds are full remote control using the RemoteFS app from my Android phone.
Using FreeScan Server on ports 1303 and 1305.

If you set up one, you know how to set up all of them.
Each is fed using an instance of ScannerCast.

They all use a Uniden DMA scanner. (BCD396*, BCT15*, and BCD996*, etc.)

Rich

One of my computers showing the private feeds in WinAMP and two instances of ScanRec Pro:

YjPR6FTh.jpg

jluisi86

In my searches I saw your set up rbm, very nice.

I do not need any external connections to this feed. I just want to basically record a frequency 24/7/365 and have it saved locally then be able to access the files by date and time to replay.

If I need to buy a new scanner, no big deal. Using what I already have would just be easier but no big deal. I see the BCT15X on Amazon for $150 shipped.

Last edited:

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
Are the recordings saved by the hour? Day? Any options on that?

The Log Shows:

Start Date / Time
End Date / Time
Each Instance Logged On a New Row (optional)
Skip Silence / Skip Silence Threshold / Threshold Level
VOX

The log runs until you stop it. You can save it at any time. You can save any portion.

Look in the Contents, click on Audio Recorder:

ProScan Manual
https://www.proscan.org/ProScan_Manual.pdf

Last edited:

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Are the recordings saved by the hour? Day? Any options on that?

Yes, set the Max. Recording Time to 60 Minutes.

Although the ProScan recording feature works best on supported scanners with text tags, Unsupported scanners operate in VOX mode.

The recordings can be remotely accessed on the internet via the Web Browser feature depending on options set.

jluisi86

I have a BCT15X setup with ProScan running. Is there a way for the recorder to just record for a set time then save the file and continue? I'm looking 15 or 30 minute sound files. Thank you

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I have a BCT15X setup with ProScan running. Is there a way for the recorder to just record for a set time then save the file and continue? I'm looking 15 or 30 minute sound files. Thank you

Yes. In the Options -> Recording menu, set the "Max. Recording Time" to 15 or 30 minutes.

The files are continuously being saved when recording audio. The "Max. Recording Time" when time exceeded will no longer record to a file and will start a new file.

jluisi86

I’ll have to double check my settings but with the brief testing I did this morning, each radio transmission was a recorded file.

jluisi86

Seems like it should be pretty simple but I’m still getting a new audio file per transmission.

Status
Not open for further replies.