436/536HP File name reversing option?

Status
Not open for further replies.

radioman2008

Batlabs user Wazzzzzzzzup (2001-Present)
Premium Subscriber
greetings,

I have an issue with the file name structure of the recordings from thr 436/536HP scanners.
currently, it saves each file by "seconds" first instead of date numbers first so this makes it, as far as i can tell impossible to sort by that date.
normally i sort by file creation date, which works fine......but.......when the scanner is working on a discovery mode session and its filing all the audio in a directory and then the scanner crashes like they do on a regular basis, i loose the files from access. i have to run a recovery program.

the recovery program will find the lost directory but the file creation date is lost, replaced with the recovery date and time which is useless for sorting and piecing the audio together with a program for a single final file

is there a way to reverse the file name to put the date numbers first, and the seconds numbers last? this would make sorting and recovery VERY EASY, weather it be a setting in the scanner or a program...

kruser

Premium Subscriber
This odd file naming is the result of the recovery program.
When the radio crashes, the file system also shuts down improperly.
The file names may not be able to be recovered so they are assigned a generic name by the file system recovery program. This is much like how files were named when you ran a scandisk or chkdsk on older file systems like in DOS or Win98 etc. It would tell you it recovered files or folders and gave them generic names like DIRxxxx where the x is a numeric number. Found files were the same with a name like FILExxxx etc.

If you shut down the radio before it crashes, the audio files should be save with the year listed first then month and day ending with hours, minutes and seconds.

radioman2008

Premium Subscriber
i should be more specific.
this is the actual file naming of a file created by the scanner, this file number structure is the same no matter if it was written by the scanner and downloaded, or recovered by the recovery program.

15-12-04_15-01-2018

if this was reversed it would be written 2018-01-15_04-12-15 (this would be perfect and would sort correctly in windows)

kruser

Premium Subscriber
i should be more specific.
this is the actual file naming of a file created by the scanner, this file number structure is the same no matter if it was written by the scanner and downloaded, or recovered by the recovery program.

15-12-04_15-01-2018

if this was reversed it would be written 2018-01-15_04-12-15 (this would be perfect and would sort correctly in windows)

My mistake. I noticed that you are in Discovery mode.
I was looking at audio files stored in the normal audio folder when I have recording turned on for a system. These do display and sort in the exact order you want but I'm not sure about a Discovery session.

I looked through all my card archives but none of them had any files in the Discovery folders when I backed up the cards.

Sorry for the mistake.

kruser

Premium Subscriber
I just set up a discovery session and see what you are talking about.
The audio recordings use an exact reversal of how they are named in regular audio recordings.

I guess two different people wrote the firmware code for those operations.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Use ProScan. You can define your own audio filename name format, and have many other options, as well.

radioman2008

Premium Subscriber
Use ProScan. You can define your own audio filename name format, and have many other options, as well.

I looked into Proscan. Its interesting including the 536 wifi connection option. I may tinker with it sometime down the road, but currently my focus in just on the 436/536 scanners.

thank you for the suggestion.

KE5MC

Premium Subscriber
I looked into Proscan. Its interesting including the 536 wifi connection option. I may tinker with it sometime down the road, but currently my focus in just on the 436/536 scanners.

thank you for the suggestion.

Radioman,
That's what Proscan focus is with other radios in the same command and control structure. Only thing missing is firmware updates. Its going to be a long wait for Uniden to change how file names are created.

Its a good 2nd option to Sentinel for me. You might find the same. It does have a full feature 30-day trial to play with.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.