Montgomery County 700mhz

Status
Not open for further replies.

RadShackFan

I have the frequencies for "location 1" entered in my Pro-668 (since I am within the coverage area according to the map listed on the FCC application). It is picking up the control channel(s) and indicating it is trunking. I will update if I hear anything (have the "wildcard" talk group programmed in it).

BenA2013

Feed Provider
I have the frequencies for "location 1" entered in my Pro-668 (since I am within the coverage area according to the map listed on the FCC application). It is picking up the control channel(s) and indicating it is trunking. I will update if I hear anything (have the "wildcard" talk group programmed in it).

Do you have the system ID and site ID?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RadShackFan

I don't have anything yet. While the scanner is picking up the control channel(s) and trunking, I haven't heard a thing on the system.

nd5y

Somebody needs to post the System ID, WACN, RFSS and site numbers in order to find out if this is a "new" system or part of an existing system.

mel1718

System ID: 00A
RFSS: 020
Site ID: 020
WACN: 59BDE
Flavor: Phase 1

Seems to be part of the existing system, Montgomery Metro Communications

RadShackFan

I have scanned this new system everyday picking up only the control channel(s). Well this morning it came alive with Montgomery PD dispatch. The transmissions matched those on their main system that I listen to via another scanner. The activity lasted about 5 minutes then Radio Techs talked with each other and "concluded the test sync."

Not enough activity yet to make a firm conclusion, but this might be a new site location for their main system. Will continue to monitor.

RadShackFan

700 System Update

This new "system" is simulcasting with the MMCD 800 System. I have one scanner monitoring MMCD's 800 system and one monitoring this new 700 system/site. They're identical in their radio traffic.

Any idea why Montgomery would have an 800 system with sites around Montgomery County and a 700 system, with one site high atop Bald Knob in Wetumpka?

Funny thing is the 700 site, the majority of the time, is clearer than the multi-site 800 system. I may stop monitoring the 800 multi-site system if that continues to be the case.

Should I submit the 700 site for inclusion in the MMCD database, or is it too soon?

Status
Not open for further replies.