Unitrunker not tuning to individual calls

Status
Not open for further replies.

msingewald

Premium Subscriber
I am monitoring this system https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=7196 with two RTL's and I am hearing all group calls perfectly. However, I am seeing individual calls on the Site Window, but the Voice VCO is not tuning to them. I have calls set to Group and Unit Calls and Rank set to 99 on both the signal and vocie VCO's.

What could I be missing?

Attachments

• VCO.jpg
    VCO.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 227
  • log.JPG
    log.JPG
    86 KB · Views: 206
  • History.jpg
    History.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 208

moonbounce

In the voice receiver I see that windows is at 21, it should be as close to 0 as you can get. Might want to adjust the PPM of the dongle, just my two cents.

MB

msingewald

Premium Subscriber
I did not know that was what that field indicated. I will dial that in. Thanks.

Although, I don’t think that would explain why I am hearing all the group calls perfectly and the voice vco doesn’t even set itself to a frequency on individual calls.

moonbounce

I did not know that was what that field indicated. I will dial that in. Thanks.

Although, I don’t think that would explain why I am hearing all the group calls perfectly and the voice vco doesn’t even set itself to a frequency on individual calls.

On the site screen, click on one of the voice calls and see what the priority is, if it is set too high like 99 chances are that it will not stop on that frequency. I would make sure the priority for each voice channel is at least 10 depending on what you listen to.

MB

msingewald

Premium Subscriber
All of the group calls are 50, but the individual calls are 99. That is how it downloaded from the database. So I have my Rank on both the signal and voice vco's set to 99. If I understand Rank correctly, that should work, no?

Thanks for the continued advice.

moonbounce

On my setup ( I get away with using one dongle for ap 25 system) the signal priority is set to 0 and voice 50 in the receiver site.. What I am saying though is that in the Source ID if you click on one of those it will open a new window. In this window you will change the priority for that specific ID, and you should set it for something below say 30, I would guess that right now it is probably showing 99.

MB

msingewald

Premium Subscriber
It is, all of the individual call id's are 99. But if I have the voice vco rank set to 99, doesn't that mean it will pass all traffic with a rank of 1 to 99?

KD8DVR

It is, all of the individual call id's are 99. But if I have the voice vco rank set to 99, doesn't that mean it will pass all traffic with a rank of 1 to 99?

The *lower* the rank, the higher the priority. A 99 will effectively "lock out" that signal. A "1" is the highest priority.

Status
Not open for further replies.