NYSP Troop F Frequency

Status
Not open for further replies.

CqDx

Premium Subscriber
Can anyone confirm if NYSP Troop F base is still on 155.535?
I live in Westchester County and I can hear Troop K just fine, but nothing on Troop F, even with the PL tone off.

I can also hear DEC from Jackie Jones quite loud, but I'm not sure if Troop F has a transmitter site on Jackie Jones anymore.

Thanks!

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
Troop F on the other side of the river in Rockland uses the County 700 TRS full-time. They are also dispatched by Rockland County. They still have a transmitter up on VHF, but Troop F HQ in Middletown has a 700 radio so they are probably just calling on that. I would think you could hear Schunnemunk from Westchester though. I can hear Schunnemunk in Newark, NJ.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CqDx

Premium Subscriber
I can hear Troop F on the Rockland System just fine but I think the only patrol that is on are the Palisades Parkway.

Schunnemunk is always been very weak for me because of I’m in the shadow path of Tallman Mountain, but if you confirm they are still on the same frequency than I’m good !

Mtnrider

Premium Subscriber
Also take in to consideration that all Troop cars have on board computers....a lot on info goes there first...Soon silence will be golden

sc800

Also a lot of calls in Orange County are now assigned by AVL location over 159.135

Mtnrider

Premium Subscriber
"They use the Statewide frequency as well in the northern part of the Troop." << mainly Greene County, The reason for this is years ago....i mean years ago....were blowing a local police dept off the air in Warren county ...which is now moot....since they have moved on i am told and i quote " 155.5350 123.0 Saratoga Springs PD - still have access to it but don't use it; backup for TRS."

Status
Not open for further replies.