BCD325P2/BCD996P2: Unknown

Status
Not open for further replies.

wvbigal

I have been listing to my BCD996P2 for a year. Seems all at once I can not hear most of channels I have programed. Nothing has been done to my scanner other than a firmware update. I have cleared the system and put a new common system in with the same frequencies. I now hear a weird noise and little talking. I have an external antenna that has been in the same place with no damage. Any help getting me back on track is greatly appreciated.

milcom_chaser

I have been listing to my BCD996P2 for a year. Seems all at once I can not hear most of channels I have programed. Nothing has been done to my scanner other than a firmware update. I have cleared the system and put a new common system in with the same frequencies. I now hear a weird noise and little talking. I have an external antenna that has been in the same place with no damage. Any help getting me back on track is greatly appreciated.

Can you post what specific system you were listening to when it went silent?
Can you post the audio that your hearing from your scanner? Use the record utility in you iPhone or Android,
then send it as an attachment and upload it.

There maybe a number of reasons why your not hearing anything; Analog system gone DMR, etc.
So what specifically were you monitoring?

wvbigal

I'm very new to this. Common System. Here are the channels I put in thru freescan
155.08500 WQDK892 RM RneCoSOVHF Roane County Sheriff - Dispatch FMN Law Dispatch
155.08500 WQDK892 RM 190 NAC RneCoSOP25 Roane County Sheriff -- see above P25 Law Dispatch
Working on the sound.

wvbigal

can not attach sound

I did as you asked for the sound and when I try to attach it wont work. I think the file is not supported or to large. Is there a way to email it to you?

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I did as you asked for the sound and when I try to attach it wont work. I think the file is not supported or to large. Is there a way to email it to you?
Most likely, the file extension on your audio file is not one that's allowable for attachments to be posted. When you select the option to attach something to a post, you'll see a list of the accepted file types.

Presuming that your file is not too large, you can attach it one of two ways. Let's say your file is MyfAudio.wav. The *.wav file extension is not on the approved list. For that matter, neither is *.mp3 or other common audio file types. So, rename your file to either MyAudio.wav.txt or just MyFile.txt (with a note in your text as to what the correct format is). That way, you can attach the file, and whoever is going to look at it can download,, rename, & play it.

Your other option is to use a file utility such as WinZip, or the free 7Zip to complress the file into one witha *.zip extension. That you can attach, and whoever wants to listen can unzip & play it after downloading.

wtp

weird noise

the page says the system is using P-25.
my guess is that they have gone to encryption.
when you hear the noise look for the symbol ENC to pop up and then disappear.

wvbigal

Sound

I zipped it. Its a mp3. Thanks for any help.

Attachments

• sound.zip
    61.4 KB · Views: 18

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I zipped it. Its a mp3. Thanks for any help.
That buzz sounds like what you may be hearing on this channel,
155.08500 WQDK892 RM RneCoSOVHF Roane County Sheriff - Dispatch FMN Law Dispatch if the channel is digital, but programmed as analog.

Of the two frequencies, there is a NAC code on the one labeled as digital. But if that NAC is not correct, it could be landing on the 'analog' one, which does not specify any PL or DCS code information. Try locking the unspecified one out, or flipping it to "analog" and "search" (for the PL/DCS field). If you are no longer hearing the buzz, but not hearing them on that second entry (the one with the NAC code, especially if you locked the first one out), try changing either the unspecified one (the first one) to specify 'digital' as the audio type, then Search in the NAC field. If you start hearing it, but with a different NAC code flashing in red on the screen, then correct the NAC code on your programming & be sure to submit the change to the database.

There is another possibility. That buzz could also be symptomatic of DMR in use. That department's FCC license does not show the correct emission type for DMR, but a number of members, including myself, have seen agencies using a format, such as DMR, even when not licensed.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
Actually...a quicker way to do it is...once you're hearing the buzz...press E...scroll to Set Audio Type...change to Digital Only..Push in selector knob while Digital Only is highlighted...you can scroll to Set P25 NAC code.....if the system is NOT encrypted...you should start to hear audio.

I suspect it's currently set to Analog Only since you have a CTCSS set.

rcool101

Feed Provider
Do you have this programmed?......
WV Statewide Interoperable Radio Network (SIRN)
SpencerRoane 451.9375 453.2625 453.400 453.900 454.175a 460.1875c 461.8875........Roane Co Sheriff is believed to be using P25 digital full-time now. An analog entry is listed in the DB until this can be confirmed. P25 digital is definitely in use by Roane Co Sheriff.....I see no TGs in the data base yet...Maybe none submitted yet
https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=4076

Status
Not open for further replies.