IWCE 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

kb7gjy

Feed Provider
Who is going?

This is my first year going, so I'm looking for input of things not to miss.
I have been to NAB so I'm guessing good shoes are required otherwise your feet will hate you.
I want to get the biggest bang for the $$$

It appears for the sessions I would like to attend, I'm looking at the premium package.

Being a TV Translator district with a tower project looming and grants and education wanting to be pursued for things to benefit our county.

Thank you for your ideas.

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
I usually go, but it's on the wrong coast for me this year. I'll be heading to APCO in Las Vegas, I think it's in August, instead.

Wear good shoes, take a backpack to carry the stuff, and bring some water if you are going to spend much time on the floor. Take a few business cards if you have them. IWCE charges the exhibitors for the badge scanning device, so some prefer the business cards. There used to be one company (I forget who) who would give you a $2 bill if you gave him a business card. I've got a couple in my drawer still.

ResQguy

Meh
IWCE is a much better show for hardware than APCO, but I go to both as often as I can. At IWCE you will find more tower & LMR equipment whereas APCO is more dispatch consoles & furniture. Take all the business cards you can spare, as plenty of places have giveaways at the end of the show. This is the first year outside of LV for this show so it should be interesting.

kb7gjy

Feed Provider
Great day, anyone else here?

And I can agree, L.E. scanning is left with a lot to be desired here.

Last edited:

Project25_MASTR

Millennial Graying OBT Guy
I don’t get to go with my current company (they focus primarily on CPE).

The two years I’ve been so far, I’d typically wear cowboy boots…but I’d be in and out of training sessions (perks of being an ETA instructor) and meetings where I could sit down often.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Project25_MASTR

Millennial Graying OBT Guy
I don’t get to go with my current company (they focus primarily on CPE).

The two years I’ve been so far, I’d typically wear cowboy boots…but I’d be in and out of training sessions (perks of being an ETA instructor) and meetings where I could sit down often.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.