Trunked Motorola P25 II

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueDevil

Feed Provider
I am setting up my first Trunked System on my Uniden BCD996T. It is a UHF Motorola P25 II System.

I am making some progress however I am not sure exactly what I am doing. I don't want to add too much to the system where I am hearing everything (i.e. Public Works) but I want to make sure I get the Public Safety Talk Groups.

I believe all the information I need is listed on this page: Umatilla County / Morrow County Trunking System, Pendleton, Oregon - Scanner Frequencies

However I am not real sure on which ones I need and which I don't.

Any suggestions or recommendations?

kma371

QRT
Make sure you are entering it as a Motorola system and not "P25." While it has P25 modulation, it isn't a true P25 system and is recognized differently by the scanner programming.

And which ones you need vs which ones you don't will depend on what you actually want to monitor. If it were me, I would just listen to the agencies that cover the area I live in, or, those which border the area I live in.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Based on the link, it is a fully analog Motorola UHF system. In addition to the frequencies, you will need to also enter a custom band plan with the information provided on the RRDB page. I believe if you use software (Freescan, ARC, etc) and import from RadioReference, all the correct settings will be applied.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
Based on the link, it is a fully analog Motorola UHF system. In addition to the frequencies, you will need to also enter a custom band plan with the information provided on the RRDB page. I believe if you use software (Freescan, ARC, etc) and import from RadioReference, all the correct settings will be applied.

I did see that afterwards, but couldn't delete the post.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Same thing applies. If the system is Phase II, he would need a 996P2. The 996T cannot decode P25 Phase II--996T lacks the necessary hardware.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
True. But, the OP is not talking about any kind of digital system (despite the thread's subject). The scanner he has will work just fine on the system he references.

BlueDevil

Feed Provider
I am not sure why I thought it was a P25 Digital System. It is not listed as digital and definitely doesn’t sound digital.

I am using ProScan to program my BCD996T scanner. What system type would I want to select for this trunked system?

kma371

QRT
I am not sure why I thought it was a P25 Digital System. It is not listed as digital and definitely doesn’t sound digital.

I am using ProScan to program my BCD996T scanner. What system type would I want to select for this trunked system?

See post 2

BlueDevil

Feed Provider
See post 2

Thanks!

I have the system set to Motorola Type II/P25

The only options in the ProScan programming are: Conventional, Motorola Type I, Motorola Type II/P25, EDACS Wide/Narrow, EDACS SCAT, and LTR.

Status
Not open for further replies.