Changes to McCracken County radio system

Status
Not open for further replies.

dcasbon

So I just bought a Uniden BCT15X. Barebones. I haven’t gotten the programming cable yet so I set off manually programming McCracken County’s trucked system. Very long and tedious. I used the info from RR. My problem is that I get all city, street dept. and mercy. Occasionally I will pick up one or 2 county channels, but that’s it. So I’m confused on this: all these agencies use the same system yet I don’t get all of it. Not sure why. Will that change if I use the cable to program my scanner or am I missing something.

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
Did you program this as a trunked system with Control and Alternate Control Channels with Talk Groups that you want to hear? All 4 RED FREQUENCIES are control channels enter these as Motorola Type II in the site then add the Talkgroups you want to hear.

dcasbon

I entered every channel (control and alternate control). I’m going to locate the programming cable and see if it needs an update. I’m not sure how to reband it. Thanks for the link. I’ll see if that gives some perspective. Thanks guys!

N9WA

Premium Subscriber
McCracken County wasn't working due to a change in control channels. This morning I found that 859.2375 is now the active control channel, which wasn't in the list of 4 CCs that you likely had from the RR database.

I've submitted this change to the DB admins, and the change has already been made.

Took me a while to figure out why my feed was broadcasting dead air :(

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
McCracken County wasn't working due to a change in control channels. This morning I found that 859.2375 is now the active control channel, which wasn't in the list of 4 CCs that you likely had from the RR database.

I've submitted this change to the DB admins, and the change has already been made.

Took me a while to figure out why my feed was broadcasting dead air :(

I just worked this change in the DB; can you identify which of the four existing control channels is no longer a control channel? Motorola Smartnet systems are limited to four, so they had to make some changes and reprogram radios if the new channel wasn't there before (at the system level).

You would have to use Unitrunker (or old-style Trunker) to figure this out; it will list the active control channel and any alternates.

N9WA

Premium Subscriber
Tom -
I replied to your email earlier saying I would do just that very thing! :)

Unitrunker is giving some strange results:

Attachments

• Capture-Unitrunker.jpg
    Capture-Unitrunker.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 86

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
Tom -
I replied to your email earlier saying I would do just that very thing! :)

Unitrunker is giving some strange results:

Have you selected the rebanded tables? UT may act flaky if it's set for the old trunking tables.

Give it some time; it may take awhile for the control channel to report the alternates. In theory, the alternate control channels should show up as a different color (I think a dark yellow or tan color).

Edit: Dopey me. Go to the Channels tab, the reported alternates should be checked under "Control" along with the currently active CC.

Also, are they migrating to a different system, or is this the primary for the foreseeable future?

Tom

Last edited:

dcasbon

That would explain it. I was thinking maybe they went to digital. I just got home so I’m going to reprogram my scanner and see if it works. Thanks for getting the feed for the app back up!!

Status
Not open for further replies.