• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

G4 external speaker jack?

Status
Not open for further replies.

radio3353

Does the G4 have an external speaker jack? I can't tell from any of the pics on the website and there is nothing mentioned in the specs.

belvdr

No longer interested in living
Does the G5? I never thought to ask this before.

u7string

Premium Subscriber
I only have the G4, but I’m pretty certain the G5 does not as well. They do have bluetooth, which I haven’t tried, but I’ve seen a lot of complaints as to how it works.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JD21960

Premium Subscriber
G4 external speaker jack

@belvdr The G4/G5 were made for emergency 1st responders and designed to be waterproof. There are no external jacks like that. Bluetooth improved GREATLY with the last 2 firmware updates. I have the Amp/Charger for my G5 and it does have a jack for another speaker if the one on the front isn't enough for you. Original BT sounded like a guy breathing down a tube and garbled on mine every 2 or 3 transmissions. It's been fixed.

IAmSixNine

Feed Provider
G4 and G5 do NOT have a headphone jack.
This was done so to keep it IPxx water and dust resistant.
The BT technology in them is 2.1 so its not using a standard media connection. Each time your BT is connected and it receives audio it connects to the device as if you were getting a phone call, so the BT headset gets a connect tone, passes audio, disconnect tone, rinse and repeat.
Its what they call a BT audio profile. 2.1 is not friendly to how we want to listen to our audio.

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
Anyone have success with a mobile BT speaker and the G4/5. If so, any recommendations.

radio3353

Anyone have success with a mobile BT speaker and the G4/5. If so, any recommendations.

Please don't hijack my thread. I am asking about an external speaker jack, not bluetooth.

Please start a new thread. Thanks.

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
Yeah and you got your answer....No. Others replied regarding BT, so I was keeping with the flow of the conversation. But since you want to be a stickler for the rules, how about you perform a simple search of the threads which would have answered your question (per the rules) before starting a new thread.

radio3353

Yeah and you got your answer....No. Others replied regarding BT, so I was keeping with the flow of the conversation. But since you want to be a stickler for the rules, how about you perform a simple search of the threads which would have answered your question (per the rules) before starting a new thread.

Yes, I got my answer so end of discussion in my thread.You assumed I didn't perform a search regarding my question. You assumed wrong! I did perform a search first and got 4 responses - one said there was an external jack (false as it turns out), one talked about the antenna jack, one had 826 responses so I ignored that and one was all over the place with off-topic responses and had nothing to do with an external speaker jack.

My request for you to not to jump on my thread was very polite and well-meaning. Sorry you had to make an nasty and assumptive reply.

Anyway, my point is that by jumping on other peoples threads with a different subject makes searching the forum difficult. Answers about other subjects get buried in unrelated threads. So, just start a new thread if you want to discuss a different subject. Easy. 'nuff said.

Status
Not open for further replies.