I can't find the ambulance to hospital frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

radicalbill

When I lived in Upstate New York all of the ambulances and all of the hospitals had VHF frequencies 155.340 and 155.400 that the ambulances used to call the hospitals in route to give information on the patient they were transporting to the hospital

They even had specific DTMF codes to dial into the radio to trigger the alert at this specific hospital they were trying to reach

Here in Eastern Pennsylvania I can find no licenses 4 the ambulances or for the hospitals to talk to one another

I know they must exist button FCC search turned up nothing

In New York state they also had MED-1 through MED-10 which were pairs of frequencies in the UHF band 5 megahertz apart to make a total of 20 frequencies used for Telemetry in for doctors to give orders for treatment in these frequencies for different from the standard frequencies of the ambulances calling the hospitals

If anyone knows what frequencies are used by the ambulances to call the hospitals in Bucks Montgomery and Lehigh counties please post that was frequencies here

If there are also the MED frequencies in the UHF band please post those as well

Thank you for your help

Bill

Last edited:

radicalbill

These are the MEDCOM CHANNELS

These are the UHF frequencies used for doctors to give orders to the EMTs well in route

This is very helpful but we're still missing the VHF frequencies and I know they use 155 .340

What I can find no FCC licenses at any of the hospitals or for any of the counties or ambulances

Is it possible that these frequencies have now become like m u r s where you don't need a license because these are nationwide EMS frequencies used by ambulance and hospitals?

I had written a long post but it did not upload for some reason

I will try to upload this and see if it goes

Thanks

Bill

mule1075

Feed Provider
These are the UHF frequencies used for doctors to give orders to the EMTs well in route

This is very helpful but we're still missing the VHF frequencies and I know they use 155 .340

What I can find no FCC licenses at any of the hospitals or for any of the counties or ambulances

Is it possible that these frequencies have now become like m u r s where you don't need a license because these are nationwide EMS frequencies used by ambulance and hospitals?

I had written a long post but it did not upload for some reason

I will try to upload this and see if it goes

Thanks

Bill
155.340 is National EMS.

KB7MIB

I don't know about Pennsylvania, I haven't lived there since 1984, but in Arizona, medics follow an SOP in the field, and other than an occassional courtesy call to the ER to let them know they're on their way, which can be done via cell phone, or even relayed by the dispatcher, medics do not contact an ER doc for permission to administer most drugs or perform most procedures. They only do so in unusual circumstances.

In the Phoenix metro area, in addition to cell phones, they also have several encrypted talkgroups on the regional trunked radio system for patient privacy. I don't know if they actually use them, or if they remain in reserve in the event of a failure of the public cell phone system. The UHF medical channels haven't been supported by the Arizona Department of Public Safety for several years now. And 155.340 isn't used, either.

PA locals may be able to speak as to whether or not medics there follow an SOP in the field, and do not need to contact an ER doc on a regular basis.

John
Peoria

ChrisRupert

KB7MIB, correct, most of the notifications are done by cellphone. Not due to HIPPA or anything like that. It's just easier to give information and then the MC Physician can ask questions.

The HEAR Channels are 155.280, 155.340, and 155.400. Not used much anymore for reports/notifications.

trap5858

Premium Subscriber
In Southeastern PA, most hospital notifications are given by cell phone. Philadelphia has the dispatcher relay information to the receiving hospital but they do not get feedback from the hospital unless they are suggesting a divert to another facility. Most of the local EMS councils in SE PA work off established protocols for the field. Rarely do they request orders.

In Bucks County some of the medics do talk live with the receiving facility more as a heads up than to request orders.

radicalbill

I know they are using two way radios to talk to hospital

I have been in the ambulances and EMS vehicles and they use the two way radio, not the county radio, but a VHF or UHF radio to talk to the hospital

ecps92

Also [YMMV] notifications are not needed much anymore [except for an Entry Note] as most Regions have Standing Protocols so the days of "Rampart, this is Squad 51" are no longer needed as much.

Additionally some Entry Notes are occurring at the Service Dispatch/CAD level
KB7MIB, correct, most of the notifications are done by cellphone. Not due to HIPPA or anything like that. It's just easier to give information and then the MC Physician can ask questions.

The HEAR Channels are 155.280, 155.340, and 155.400. Not used much anymore for reports/notifications.

Last edited:

radicalbill

And the helicopters are also radioing in and I can't find them either

In NY we had 155.715 for Ambulances to talk to EMS and I think they had the 155.340 & 155.400 as well

Here, we have three helicopter agencies and I can't locate any of them on FCC database

Also, and I called the FCC yesterday about this,

their Geosearch and search around a point from a radius distance is not working.

Not any part of it.

Not using GPS coord or address

The state & county lookup is working, but not the search around a point option.

It gives an error, on all OSs and all browsers.

FCC checked and they see it is not working, and are trying to fix it, will call me when it is back working

I have a case number for the problem

It has been down for at least a week.

Just an FYI

It would be real helpful right now, to search from the location of the hospital

radicalbill

Thanks

It's really great to have knowledgeable members who know what to look up

There is just so much that you have to know and there is no substitution 4 experience

I appreciate it greatly

ecps92

GeoSearch is working.

Example Search Criteria: Frequency = 33.7600 MHz, Computed Box Based on Point/Radius: Center = 43° 31' 01.6" N 071° 22' 07.6" W, Radius = 25 Miles, Currently Licensed and Pending Facilities

Returned this result

In NY we had 155.715 for Ambulances to talk to EMS and I think they had the 155.340 & 155.400 as well

Here, we have three helicopter agencies and I can't locate any of them on FCC database

Also, and I called the FCC yesterday about this,

their Geosearch and search around a point from a radius distance is not working.

Not any part of it.

Not using GPS coord or address

The state & county lookup is working, but not the search around a point option.

It gives an error, on all OSs and all browsers.

FCC checked and they see it is not working, and are trying to fix it, will call me when it is back working

I have a case number for the problem

It has been down for at least a week.

Just an FYI

It would be real helpful right now, to search from the location of the hospital

SteveC0625

Order of the Golden Dino since 1972
Premium Subscriber

All of these frequencies require FCC licensing. Their nationwide designation for a specific purpose in NIFOG or other documents does not supersede FCC rules.

dmg1969

Here in Central PA, Cumberland and Perry Counties still use the various UHF Med channels. Dauphin County maintains 462.950 (their old EMS dispatch frequency) for out of county ambulances coming to one of the Dauphin County hospitals. Dauphin County units, I believe, have encrypted channels to the hospitals.

Matakovich1

Western PA

Western PA in the Pitsburgh area we used UHF Med 4 to contact UPMC Medic Command. Personally unless I was going to call a Trauma or a Stroke I just used the cell phone. Out side the Pittsburgh area a VHF radio was used to call the hospital. All EMT transports used VHF for areas.

kmi8dy

bucks county uses their p25-2 system- trunked digital system
montgomery county uses their motrola smart zone. trunked sometimes digital system
lehigh county uses either the regular vhf or cellphones
please spend moew time and study each counties radio usage, you will learn alot, study dont just skim over it.

Citywide173

Premium Subscriber
All of these frequencies require FCC licensing. Their nationwide designation for a specific purpose in NIFOG or other documents does not supersede FCC rules.

Yes, but they could be licensed by a Region or the State itself and all of the ambulances using the system would be authorized users.

Status
Not open for further replies.