TRX-1: Older vs newer firmware

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
Does anyone else notice that firmware 5.1 the scanner responds faster and picks up alot more signals when compared to the newest firmware?I recently switched mine back to the older firmware due to missed transmissions and always getting the end of transmissions and to me the older 5.1 firmware its like
night and day.It happened as soon as they brought the slope settings into the scanner.
Back to loving my TRX1.

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/1420/2702/files/CPUUpdater_TRX1_U5.1.exe?8314605652815005666

RowdyYates

Does anyone else notice that firmware 5.1 the scanner responds faster and picks up alot more signals when compared to the newest firmware?I recently switched mine back to the older firmware due to missed transmissions and always getting the end of transmissions and to me the older 5.1 firmware its like
night and day.It happened as soon as they brought the slope settings into the scanner.
Back to loving my TRX1.

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/1420/2702/files/CPUUpdater_TRX1_U5.1.exe?8314605652815005666
Agree. I noticed the same issues, but haven't pulled the trigger on falling back to older firmware.

jimform2k1

Missed official post. My bad.

TRX-1 Ez scan is reporting cpu firmware 5.7. Is that new?

Last edited:

nosoup4u

Feed Provider
I think you may be on to something. I am going to give it the weekend but it does seem like it is better. The only drawback I see right now is the digital tail you get if you are monitoring a 1 frequency DMR system.

SCPD

QRT
I havent tried 5.7 but with 5.6 I kept getting the last second of almost every analog transmission
Got me frustrated, I switched back and now my radio never shuts up and it shouldnt I am in NJ about 10 miles from New York City with 4 airports programmed in.It was scanning without anything when its slow at night, now even at night its busy.I even noticed I am getting DMR channels I had in the scanlists and it was passing up. I am using the same settings with both firmwares and my DSP is set at 62.

SCPD

QRT
5.1 from 5.6

Agree. I noticed the same issues, but haven't pulled the trigger on falling back to older firmware.

The link I posted was from the Whistler rep.
I dunno if you can get it there or if you have to get it through Whistler.
I'm staying at 5.1 til this gets resolved and I did call Thursday, but I am only 1 person....
Maybe if more people try and see they will fix the firmware.

SOFA_KING

I've had this feeling for some time now that my TRX-2 is not picking up like it used to. I run 4 scanners on a multi-coupler, and my TRX-2 used to be in sync with my Uniden scanners. Now it misses so much that I wonder what is wrong.

It's disheartening to see "updates" that don't work...and degrade what you once had working somewhat better. Same with the recent EZ Scan formatting issues. It was hard enough to deal with that software on my Dell Netbook Mini when I had to scroll around quite a bit just to get to the information I was needing to see. I didn't do the latest update for fear it would lock me out of my programming ability. This should NOT be happening, and Whistler needs to do a better job on any release they put out!

Does anyone have an archive of TRX-2 firmware? I have a General Dynamics R8000D digital service monitor and want to test these different firmware levels to see what works best. I know there are settings in the advanced menu section that can be tweaked, and now that I have a piece of digital test gear in my mitts I can finally determine what will work best.

Phil

nosoup4u

Feed Provider
The oldest TRX2 firmware I could find is 4.6 in my backups, which was from early summer I think. I only had the radio a short time but traded it because it performed so horrible for me. I uploaded it to the archive I posted earlier.

SCPD

QRT
Everyone drop whistler a bug report, perhaps they'll look into it.
Very cool and thanks,Nosoup4U, posting the older firmwares, I dunno why Whistler doesnt do this.

On the Whistler site....The download system is odd, you have to "fake purchase" the firmwares..

Ed6698

I know this thread is about the TRX models, but with my WS1080 and 1095 I have found that with my 1080 CPU version 4.4 works the best and for my 1095 CPU version 3.5 works the best. I actually went back from the latest firmware for both back to these older ones as it seemed my reception was far better with the older firmware.

troymail

Silent Key
There is always a chance that when fixing something, other things are adversely impacted and sometimes even broken. There are so many variables in the systems we are all monitoring as well. Remember, these radios are trying to do quite alot. ...

What puzzles me is if it seems to have broken that long ago, it would seem like you (and lots of others) would have detected and reported on it some time ago.

nosoup4u

Feed Provider
DSP version doesn't matter. I downgraded and my dsp is at the latest version.

If anyone has free time, it might be worth going through all the firmware versions and see what the latest good one is.

tumegpc

Premium Subscriber
DSP version doesn't matter. I downgraded and my dsp is at the latest version.

If anyone has free time, it might be worth going through all the firmware versions and see what the latest good one is.

You may be on to something , I downgraded to 5.1 and over the last couple days I've been getting a few more distant hits. One hit was a DMR (800mhz) that I never received before and a couple other (UHF) channels are more active.

SCPD

QRT
see

See what I mean.....Something was changed after 5.1
I get more complete transmissions with 5.1 and DMR started to work again.
This user is reporting better reception,,,,hmmmm.

RocketNJ

How about TRX-2? Any improvement to downgrade? On RAS conventional DMR it is slow to decode where you miss some transmissions.

Status
Not open for further replies.