Worcester

Status
Not open for further replies.

troymail

Silent Key
I know the report was the EDACS was being kept in place until they were confident that the P25 is working as expected (maybe holding off until the trees are full of leaves for more testing and the completion of the last tower).... just curious, is all of Worcester County (except Ocean City) off of the EDACS system now?

guyiv

Feed Provider
I believe the whole EDACS is shut down. I will double check when I am in the county most likely this afternoon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

troymail

Silent Key
I believe the whole EDACS is shut down. I will double check when I am in the county most likely this afternoon.

If they shifted all of the frequencies over to the P25 system (not unusual) then the system would probably appear to be gone.... In the database, there are only 8 frequencies listed (think it has been like that since long before the transition). The old system shows 10 frequencies. The two 860Mhz frequencies aren't listed on the P25 system (which, perhaps not coincidentally, is where the EDACS CC was showing).

Curious if someone in the area could run a Pro96Com, etc. and see if the P25 frequencies need to be updated...

I suppose the EDACS system itself could still be in place (at least for now) to allow to shift back if it were deemed necessary....(probably won't happen).

guyiv

Feed Provider
This is what I have from Salisbury after turning it back on after a while. I will check the unitrunker that we have running in Berlin once we get the computer back online.

fcb576beca9bfbbaa70f110b969ab8d2.jpg

de784

Feed Provider
Was on wboc last night schools in county received 35k for new radios

guyiv

Feed Provider
Yes the EDACS system is still up. My understanding is that a few frequencies are still active for OC EMS/Fire going to the hospitals and OCPD to the jail. Worcester Fire/EMS and police are still being patched to EDACS.

Status
Not open for further replies.