ANTENNA

Status
Not open for further replies.

dallascowboys

Morning everyone,
My question is how well dose the SpectrumForce Wideband Antenna work and dose it pick up UHF and VHF also? is this a good antenna to get ?
Thanks

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
This is really hard to evaluate without a link (hint hint)

You haven't said much about what your antenna will be used for. Indoor or outside? On a car or truck? What frequencies are you looking to cover?

Answering questions like this will get you many more direct responses...Mike

DJ11DLN

If using on a vehicle, it will probably be an improvement over trying to use a rubber duck inside. If using in a building, it needs to be on a cookie sheet or similar but in that situation it's not a great improvement over an RH77-type on the scanner and at the same height. Trying to use it outdoors and at some height? Can't say, haven't tried. As always, YMMV.

They're cheap enough...why not just order one and see how it works for you? If it shows promise you'll want to trim off the extra "low loss" (LOLOLOL) co-ax you don't need as it is pretty lossy especially at 700-800 MHz. Trimming the excess will make a difference.

dallascowboys

Sorry I did not provide more info, I have the BCD46HP wanting an indoor antenna to pick up all or most of frequency bands, I live in Dothan Alabama / Houston County, thanks for the info.

DJ11DLN

The RH77 type I mentioned above will probably work better attached directly to your scanner. It is a dual band (2M-75CM) Ham antenna so it will work well with VHF-Hi and UHF. It also tends to work fairly well on 800 MHz unless you have some challenges on that band. Conversely, the Remtronix/RS800 works very well on 800 MHz and does a pretty good job on VHF-Hi/UHF. For your situation I'd choose one of those over a Spectrum Force. Getting your scanner up high such as on top of the fridge can make a world of difference for indoor-antenna monitoring, as can getting it close to a window.

But nothing beats an outdoor antenna above the roof line...food for thought down the road.

Status
Not open for further replies.