• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

XTS5000 Voice Announcements

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackSheepDue

I recently switched from a XTS2500I to a XTS5000 and set up the already loaded voice announcements. Everything works exactly the same on the 5k as the 2500 except for the fact that the voice announcements are stuck on full volume. I'm probably just missing something simple but I can't seem to find the difference between my 5k codeplug and my 2500 codeplug.

Also, while I have the air, how do I turn keypad tones, specifically scan on and off, back on?

Thanks,
Thomas

general22

Radio Wide - Alert Tones

I believe you'll find all the tone settings under Radio Configuration -> Radio Wide.

NOTE: Old CPS doesn't have all the same features. R20 and R09 shown.

Attachments

• RadioWide.jpg
    RadioWide.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 341
  • RadioWideR09.png
    RadioWideR09.png
    19.9 KB · Views: 316
Last edited:

BlackSheepDue

So I figured out that my alert tone volume offset was set to +10 dB so I have Fixed my voice announcement issue. That being said I still can't figure out why my radio makes no noise when I toggle scan. I have "mute tones operation" set to disabled but I have no keypad tones or scan noise. I do however get a short beep when I press the ptt. My CPS looks like the first picture you posted if that helps.

general22

Bit of a long shot but you don't have surveillance mode turned on? Also, I know some older firmware doesn't seem to beep for me when I turn scan on/off. I like to use the emergency button on model 1 but cannot since I don't know when it is on or off. Had to use switch. Later firmware doesn't have this problem... or i'm doing something wrong. Same for flashing light on scan. Doesn't flash on R09 firmware for me. Flashes on later R16...

BlackSheepDue

Bit of a long shot but you don't have surveillance mode turned on? Also, I know some older firmware doesn't seem to beep for me when I turn scan on/off. I like to use the emergency button on model 1 but cannot since I don't know when it is on or off. Had to use switch. Later firmware doesn't have this problem... or i'm doing something wrong. Same for flashing light on scan. Doesn't flash on R09 firmware for me. Flashes on later R16...

I would say it’s the version of my cps then because my light only flashes when receiving, not when scanning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SirJ

Intelligence Everywhere!
Premium Subscriber
I recently switched from a XTS2500I to a XTS5000 and set up the already loaded voice announcements. Everything works exactly the same on the 5k as the 2500 except for the fact that the voice announcements are stuck on full volume. I'm probably just missing something simple but I can't seem to find the difference between my 5k codeplug and my 2500 codeplug.

Also, while I have the air, how do I turn keypad tones, specifically scan on and off, back on?

Thanks,
Thomas
Sup , any chance you could send me those voice files? Ive been wanting to try voice announces on the xts

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

BlackSheepDue

Sup , any chance you could send me those voice files? Ive been wanting to try voice announces on the xts

They are specific to each channel so unless your radio is setup exactly like mine they won’t be of any use to you. There are YouTube tutorials on how to do it and once you do it once it’s just tedious but not hard.

SirJ

Intelligence Everywhere!
Premium Subscriber
They are specific to each channel so unless your radio is setup exactly like mine they won’t be of any use to you. There are YouTube tutorials on how to do it and once you do it once it’s just tedious but not hard.

Gotcha ok thx

zacabo

If you have the Mototrbo CPS programming software in the installation file there is a folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Motorola\MOTOTRBO CPS\voiceannouncement. Its been awhile since I added voice announcement to my 5k but, you may have to convert the file format. I have also recorded my own voice files using Windows XP voice recorder and following the setup per Motorola.

zacabo

Check out my previous post if you are looking for files

Status
Not open for further replies.