453.950 is Springfield NJ FD (not Union County Fire dispatch)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Analogrules

I noticed in the RR db that under Springfield, NJ, 453.950 is indicated as Union County FD dispatch simulcast from NJICS. This is a little confusing because I am ONLY hearing Springfield on there, nothing else in the County.

Analogrules

Ok. I had it on for a little while yesterday and only heard a couple of Springfield calls (not too busy). I noticed a different simulcast frequency listed under Scotch Plains, (453.6375) but heard nothing on there so far.

Last edited by a moderator:

slingshot202

Feed Provider
From what I can tell they are using both as simulcast patch to the county, confused me one day too, have to update the radios to say Union County Simulcast or something. Either way, they only dipsatch their and all ops are on a NJICS F.G TG. (Though it seems Springfield never uses it as I hear little comms on it).

RadioDitch

Signals Identification Member
Premium Subscriber
From what I can tell they are using both as simulcast patch to the county, confused me one day too, have to update the radios to say Union County Simulcast or something. Either way, they only dipsatch their and all ops are on a NJICS F.G TG. (Though it seems Springfield never uses it as I hear little comms on it).

They're being dispatched on the Union County Fire Dispatch talkgroup on the NJICS also. The two-way simulcast is needed cause of the number of surrounding and out-of county agencies lacking access to the NJICS to go direct with Scotch Plains and Springfield if needed. 2400 has the ability to swap the simulcast between dispatch and fireground with a couple clicks of the mouse.

The comms center in the Froehlich Building in Westfield was basically built to be capable of nearly anything, worth every one of the millions of dollars they dropped on it. They can patch State Police into any county talkgroup or NYPD SOD into any talkgroup if they had to, let alone anything in the county itself. If you can think of it, they can probably make it happen without even sitting up their chairs. You'd be amazed at the stuff they monitor in there outside the county.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.