• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Kenwood TK-x80/x90 Battery date codes (KNB-16A/17A/52N)

Status
Not open for further replies.

wireless_friendly

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Battery Age web site have this information about Kenwood LMR batteries:
All batteries are stamped with a 4 digit date code. The first 2 digits are the month the battery was manufactured, and the last 2 digits are the year. So a battery with a date code of 0801 would have been manufactured in August of 2001.
Okay, sounds good and looks like work for some of my batteries:

KNB-16A 0502F May 2002? 7+ years old battery
KNB-17A 0207F Feb 2007? 7+ years old battery
KNB-52N 1008F Oct 2008? 5+ years old battery

But what to do with these batteries?

KNB-52N 7302Н 5-6 years old battery
KNB-17A 9907 10+ years old battery

What to do with 73 and 99 prefixes? They can't be month or week #.

And why 02 but not 12 for just 5-6-years old battery?

Last edited:

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
I don't have an answer, but I can add this…

Just got a couple of new NX-3300's in with KNB-55L batteries.
Radio has only been out a year, and these batteries are probably a few months old at best considering they wouldn't have been on the shelf very long.

All 6 batteries are:
W52WJ

Considering batteries are made by a third party for Kenwood, there may be no correlation between different battery models, or date codes from manufacturer to manufacturer.

wireless_friendly

Banned
NX3K/5K batteries info is useless, because those batteries have another date coding system and made by another contractor.

wireless_friendly

Banned
KNB-52N, just come from dealer. JVCKenwood brand on boxes. Hotstamped as 1609I. Dealer asked Kenwood about mfg. date and they said "Feb 2018, just arrived to out warehouse".

Looks like there is no year and month in code :(

Status
Not open for further replies.