scanner software

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluestar41

when purchasing the scanner software, how many counties can you get for your state programmed into the scanner.
I have 7 counties in ohio that i want. Is it a cost for each county ? There is nothing anywhere on the web pages explaining what you can get for the software in the way of counties or soforth.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
What scanner? Software depends on the scanner make/model.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Generally speaking, I don't think anyone charges by the county you desire; however, why pay anyone in the first place? If you do your own programming, then you can make changes when/if you want to, without the additional cost. And you learn along the way; we all do that, after all.

We have a lot of resources in our wiki, and there's lots of folks around that can help with the programming. This is greatly dependent, as mentioned earlier, on what scanner and software you are using.

Mike

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
Your question seems to be asking about "programming services" such as provided by ScannerMaster. You'd have to ask them about how many counties you get for what price.

However, if you obtain and license software that programs your scanner, there is no limit to the number of counties you can program; except for perhaps the limit of the scanner itself.

For example; I use WIN500 to program several GRE based digital scanners. The running memory in the scanner can hold over 1800 objects (which in some cases translates to 1800 channel) and that's usually enough to cover many many counties. But some models also have something called V-Folders where you can program ~20 profiles of those ~1800 objects each. You can only run from one V-folder at a time, but as you might imagine; this will cover many counties across many states.

I see this is your first post. If I assume this is all new to you. What I'd suggest is that you find someone here on RR that has a profile similar to what you're seeking. Get software to program that into your scanner. Then you can see how others have done the programming and you can tailor to exactly fit your needs & wants.

klnorthway

Premium Subscriber
What program do you recommend for BCD325P2?

I am trying to use FreeScan, but get an error on the port. I have tried changing it to port 20, which if found when I plug in the cable, but it still isn't happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.