• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

M7300 "No affiliate scan"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fordcobra04

Premium Subscriber
Looking to get clairfication... Is the M7300 capable of scanning a P25 system (Like the BK KNG P800) with out affiliating, or does it require programming similar to the Motorola no affiliate scan?

Thanks...

ElroyJetson

I AM NOT YOUR TECH SUPPPORT.
Premium Subscriber
DO NOT ASK ME FOR HELP PROGRAMMING YOUR RADIO. NO.
It's easy. Just turn off auto login and also uncheck the TX Enable box for every talkgroup in the radio except for those that you have a legitimate requirement to be able to transmit on. (Probably none...but maybe in your case.)

kb4cvn

Silent Key
Nowhere near a paved road, away from the maddening
Yep, no transmit if done correctly.

How I used to program radios for the News Media on PD & FD dispatch, and FD Fireground talkgroups.

The talkgroups were encrypted, but the local media was allowed to listen to them, but not the Tactical groups or Car-to-Car groups.

The local media (TV, newspaper, etc.) would purchase the radio, and bring to us to program. Even though it was a obscenely over priced and glorified scanner, I assigned a LID number to the radio, and had it active in our UAS Database. In this way, I could kill it if it ever became missing or stolen.

(FYI: Back in the early 2000's, I had the radio firmware changed to zeroize all the cryptographic codekeys in the radio, if it was disabled/killed over the system.)

TDR-94

They aren't unless they are authorized to have the system keys. It's been said before that these radios can be programmed using older versions of RPM that were released before AAC was fully implemented, locking down the programming of P25T systems.

Just buy the new Uniden SDS100 scanner when it becomes available and don't worry about it any longer.

Last edited:

ElroyJetson

I AM NOT YOUR TECH SUPPPORT.
Premium Subscriber
DO NOT ASK ME FOR HELP PROGRAMMING YOUR RADIO. NO.
How are you guys all getting the system keys to do this?

Motorola systems always require system keys.

Harris systems SOMETIMES require system keys but that's less a matter of the system than of the version of RPM you are using to program it.

The later versions are progressively more locked down. Access files are required to program SOME systems. Each later version restricts additional systems requiring those access files for programming those systems.

I have no direct experience with anything newer than RPM 10. I guess that RPM2 (RPM programming software 2, not RPM version 2, they're different things) has locked things down a lot more, replicating Motorola's system key model, functionally speaking.

It's why radio enthusiasts who like to listen with Harris equipment prefer to use the oldest version of programming software that allows them to program their radios. Upgrading to a newer version can lock out the ability to program the very systems they want to listen to.

kb4cvn

Silent Key
Nowhere near a paved road, away from the maddening
A few items to add to ElroyJetson's posting:

• RPM revision 10b07 is the last hobbyist friendly version.
  • Starting with RPM revision 11a, to listen to trunked systems required a system key in the form of AAC (Advanced Access Control)
  • Starting with RPM revision 11a, when it is installed it permanently alters your License Key File (.dslc), thereby preventing you from reverting to an earlier revision of software.
    • In the old days... You could de-install RPM (and Programmer too) and move up and down in revisions at will, whenever you needed. Harris took a very dim view of that, and starting with RPM R11, locked that down.
    • WORKAROUND: If you need to install RPM R11 or later, before you do, make an archive copy of your pre-R11 .dslc file. It you need to revert back to R10b07 or earlier, simply swap the .dslc file to the earlier version! :lol:
  • All revisions of RPM-2 are locked down. :( No workaround possible.

My humble 2¢ worth....

CanesFan95

Does 10b07 do Phase II? And does it call home on the internet when you install it?

Status
Not open for further replies.