To WhistlerWendy Update ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tumegpc

It's been awfully quiet in the Whistler Camp and was wondering if there was something still planned in the near future?

And any clues to what it might be? Firmware , software or new hardware? Any info would be greatly appreciated !

troymail

Silent Key
Whistler is (mostly) no different than Uniden when it comes to announcements of new things in the pipeline... it will be announced when it is ready.

However, Whistler has had some exceptions to this in the recent past - announcements that things were coming with dates - and they delivered as promised.

Bottom line - no sense in asking - they'll announce when they are ready - not in response to questions about what might be coming.

bob550

Premium Subscriber
Whistler is (mostly) no different than Uniden when it comes to announcements of new things in the pipeline... it will be announced when it is ready.

However, Whistler has had some exceptions to this in the recent past - announcements that things were coming with dates - and they delivered as promised.

Bottom line - no sense in asking - they'll announce when they are ready - not in response to questions about what might be coming.

Neither Whistler nor Uniden would want to short-circuit sales of their existing inventory of scanners by prematurely announcing a new model. It's just not in their best interest to do so. Anyway, given the new product launch hiccups of current models, they'd want to ensure any new model was thoroughly tested first. So, if you're sitting on the fence deciding on a new purchase, you could just do it (as I just did with a new Uniden 536HP on the way), or wait forever.

WhistlerWendy

Premium Subscriber
As always, when we have any announcements they will be made here and on our social media pages. We don't like to create "fake news" so I guess it's just a bit quiet.

questnz

Last time I hear/catch from Whistler (Hamvention 2018) was "something in May" ? Not sure announcement or actual product release.

Last edited:

SCPD

QRT
Guess Whistler Wendy is pro trump?with that statement..
We need some firmware updates on the TRX1.
Add all Capital letters option.
Improve 700mhz reception.

frazmandemo

really? attacking her because she said fake news? what is going on in that brain.... and what does it have to do with this discussion thread? fake news is said by democrats and republicans.... I dislike the GOP and I call all the news they talk about fake.

Status
Not open for further replies.