Noob question enter nxdn 6.25 khz channels

Status
Not open for further replies.

phillmobile

Hi guys i have just got a TRX-2 and i have been reading on here and the manual first before posting.

Here is my question "How do i enter 6.25khz channels for nxdn in the scan lists"

for example 165.003125

software says frequency not vaild but in the UK thats how nxdn channels are being used .003125 Khz each side of a 12.5Khz channel

Otherwise i pretty much guess i can not pick up and nxdn and thats why i bought this box.

Thanks in advance
Phill UK

BrianG61UK

If I remember right (I don't own a TRX myself) you have to enable flexstep in settings.

Later: No maybe you can't get it exactly but you can get .002500 and .003750, don't know if that's good enough though. :confused:

Last edited:

TAbirdman

Hi guys i have just got a TRX-2 and i have been reading on here and the manual first before posting.

Here is my question "How do i enter 6.25khz channels for nxdn in the scan lists"

for example 165.003125

software says frequency not vaild but in the UK thats how nxdn channels are being used .003125 Khz each side of a 12.5Khz channel

Otherwise i pretty much guess i can not pick up and nxdn and thats why i bought this box.

Thanks in advance
Phill UK
Ok, dumb question but do you have the bandplan set to UK??

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Ubbe

The filters aren't narrow enough to make any difference if you are 3,125 off frequency. I believe even the zeromatic thingy in deafult values doesn't care about that error in frequency.

/Ubbe

racingfan360

Phill, just to confirm you will be able to hear channels that are +/-3.125khz offset from the 'standard' 12.5khz or even 6.25khz channels. As stated earlier, the front end filters of the TRX (in fact any scanner that I've used) aren't tight enough to distinguish down to this level of bandwidth. The advantage is that it makes it easier to search and find channels in use, but the disadvantage is that you won't be able to determine the *precise* frequency in use just from the scanner. You'd need the license details or a proper transceiver for that.

+/-3.125khz offsets are now quite popular on Simple and Short Term Hire channels, given how congested they sometimes get.

Status
Not open for further replies.