Do I need software

Status
Not open for further replies.

KeithJoseph

Still working on my amateur radio callsign.
E325 P2 scanner from Walmart where do I get the software that I need to be able to listen to the Abilene Police Department Taylor County Texas or do I need the software

ScannerSK

E325 P2 scanner from Walmart where do I get the software that I need to be able to listen to the Abilene Police Department Taylor County Texas or do I need the software

What does the manual say that came with the scanner with regards to software?

What brand is the E325 scanner? I have never heard of it.

Shawn

jaspence

Premium Subscriber
More accurate info needed. Search on the E325 scanner gives information on an electric scooter.

KeithJoseph

That was supposed to say bcd325p2 and I haven't gotten it yet I'm just wondering where to get the software if I need it

cg

Premium Subscriber
The most popular software for programming the Uniden scanners is ProScan. You can install it for a 30 day free trial but you should wait until you get the radio so the clock doesn't start ticking too soon.

chris

Ensnared

Premium Subscriber
Free Scan

That was supposed to say bcd325p2 and I haven't gotten it yet I'm just wondering where to get the software if I need it

Free Scan works for your radio. It does not cost. Some people prefer this software to others.

KeithJoseph

I'm so confused

I wish I was somebody from this website site here in Abilene that could tell me more about things in person cuz I still don't understand any of this crap

KeithJoseph

I just want to be able to pick up anything and everything in Abilene that is talkin on the radio

marksmith

Do a search on radioreference.com under Texas and your county. It will show you what anything and everything is.

You can program the radio without software too. It takes more time, but you learn more.

Using software requires you to learn the software (and software drivers, cables, etc) in addition to the radio, but in the long run you should learn both.

Mark
536/436/ws1095/996p2/996xt/325p2/396xt/psr800/396t/HP-1/HP-2 & others

KeithJoseph

I got you I'm going to call you when my girl gets out of the shower my phone don't work right now

Status
Not open for further replies.