Norridge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sporrt

Have Norridge and Harwood heights PD programmed, have not monitored in about a year. Turned the radio on yesterday, have not heard any transmissions.

Info in the 2018 database appears the same. 'Police dispatched on 471.2875 146.2 PL ' Has there been a change? (Also tried a new tone scan)

Only have one radio that covers 440, receives other frequencies fine.

JKD

Premium Subscriber
They consolidated into Municipal Consolidated Dispatch with Schiller Park. Looks like they are dispatched on Starcom TG 3981.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

scannerjunkie

They are on starcom p25 Phase 1. database says phase 2 but i hear them on my psr500. you will need a digital scanner to monitor them. they are on phase 1 for now but most likely will move to phase 2. if you don't have a digital scanner i would get one that can do both phase 1 and 2 digital. heres some info. ID number 3981 MCD Police Disp Municipal Consolidated Dispatch: Harwood Heights, Norrige and Schiller Park PDs i have no problems receiving them from my location.

Sporrt

Thanks, yeah Schiller pk was also on the frequency, maybe River Grove as well.

I may look at the digital offerings, don't see spending over $200, have other hobbies that I'm more active in.

N9JIG

Sheriff
The StarCom21 system is partly Phase 2 capable but much of it actually operates as Phase 1. Phase 2 requires that the infrastructure and all mobile and portable radios support Phase 2 or it will revert to Phase 1.

For the most part the only Phase 2 traffic has been NWCD and Lake County, most other traffic, including Norridge, is usually Phase 1.

Since the system itself is capable of Phase 2 it is listed so in the database. Also in the database if the traffic on a particular talkgroup is known to operate in Phase 2 it is designated with a "T" in the Mode column, if it is primarily Phase 1 it uses a "D" there.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
Thanks, yeah Schiller pk was also on the frequency, maybe River Grove as well.

I may look at the digital offerings, don't see spending over $200, have other hobbies that I'm more active in.

Try Ebay...you're likely to find a digital scanner in your price range.

Status
Not open for further replies.