GRE 800 on Wiscom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gasman315

Premium Subscriber
I have programmed a GRE 800 and WS1080 for Wiscom. WS1080 pick it up without a problem and the GRE800 is deaf,but picks up my local county's including Madison 800 .Both are programmed identically with the exception in the programming menu Whistlers has a sub menu of p25 auto and GRE only has an auto selection. . I can put the scanner in limit search and get hits on the freqs but not in the scan mode. The site is Baraboo set to NFM. If any one could offer suggestions it would be greatly appreciated

box23

Hard following your post. Which site/system are you referring to that you can receive with the GRE? The Madison 800MHz analog trunking system, or the Madison 800 WISCOM site? These are two very different systems.

WISCOM is a true P25 digital trunking system, and it should be fairly easy to find someone's steps of how to program a GRE scanner to receive it.

Gasman315

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the response. The Gre and Whistlers use same EZscan software and radios are similar in operation. I monitor the Wiscom site in Baraboo with both scanners programmed identically with the exception that Whistler has a sub menu of P25 Auto while the GRE only has a auto option.Wondering if that makes a difference. I know the GRE is P25 capable as I monitor the Dane Com system with it. If I do a limit search on the sites frequencies I receive traffic.When travelling I pick up other Wiscom sites and transmissions. Sorry if my post was confusing as I have owned scanners since 1970 and have followed there progression and learned how to program every one I have owned. This site and Gre’s limited sub folder seem to be by problem,but another eye on it is appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.