San Bernardino County Fire Conventional 800 Mhz

Status
Not open for further replies.

LZJSR

Premium Subscriber
Can anyone confirm if the SBCoFD conventional channels that can be monitored in the high desert along I-15 between Barstow and Vegas are now on the rebanded FIR-A, FIR-B,etc... channels, and no longer on D-Fire-1, D-Fire-2, etc...???

Thank

Eng74

Yes. The rebanded are being used. I am in Ridgecrest and get Fire-D and in north part of town Fire-C. I think it is Fire-A in Trona now.

techman210

LAW also

There are some non-encrypted Law-A, Law-B, etc repeaters still being used along this path. They are patched from the P25 high desert system and will likely be that way until they are replaced with P25 trunking systems at these same locations.

LZJSR

Premium Subscriber
Do the resources that use these channels have to constantly change from one to another based on what part of town they are in? Is there a known map/guide that shows them which channel they should be using based on where they are located? I would think that for overtime/station trade folks they wouldn't know all the little canyons and tips/tricks to know when to switch to which channel without some sort of guidance...

allend

Premium Subscriber
Sheriff Slate Peak (Trona) is being used still on 851.6625
FT Irwin patch to 1-FIRE-1 is being used still on 852.1625
Sheriff Black Mountain (Parker AZ) is still being used to on 851.6375
Sheriff Crossman Peak (Lake Havasu) is still being used on I-15 Frwy on 851.1375. Can hear them from Barstow all the way thru Baker and northbound

Fire on Crossman Peak is used too 853.1375

f40ph

Feed Provider
Do the resources that use these channels have to constantly change from one to another based on what part of town they are in? Is there a known map/guide that shows them which channel they should be using based on where they are located? I would think that for overtime/station trade folks they wouldn't know all the little canyons and tips/tricks to know when to switch to which channel without some sort of guidance...

Yes, the fire dept has multiple methods to know which channel to use. Many simply make a label for the back of the sun visor of the apparatus. There are maps also. All of this will be a memory when the switch to P25 is complete since they will stay on one single channel for the entire drive and the system will affiliate with their radios like cellphones do.

Status
Not open for further replies.