deaf on 800 mhz

Status
Not open for further replies.

lou9155

hi all.. so i purchased a pro2096 in great condition. got it programmed using arc96 and get great reception on all freq. except 800 mhz ..new jersey state police .NJSP...i did use the rebanding function. even when i manually tune to voice channels that i can hear on my other scanners, the 2096 is totally deaf..tried attenuation and combo of antennas..even when i tune to a known strong control channel i dont hear anything...has anyone had this happen?....any help is greatly appreciated!...Lou

JD21960

Premium Subscriber
Deaf on 800mhz- Pro 2096

What firmware? 1.4* which was the last, or something else? push the #3 at the welcome* window on startup to see DSP-APP 1.4? When I updated my Pro96 to 1.4 back after rebanding, the P25 simulcast Statewide system here was coming in fine. I enabled 800mhz rebanding in ARC96 and did all the uploading if I remember. You also mentioned "attenuation" did you attenuate the Control Channel itself? keep in mind how old these radios are compared to the new P25 simulcast systems of today. STILL, My Pro96 is still better than the WS1080, sitting side by side right now and Pro96 works, WS1080 is deaf on 800mhz unless I use the YAGI. I don't even need an antenna on the Pro96 sometimes. I hear NJ systems are a pain except for us Unication G4/G5 owners.

Last edited by a moderator:

lou9155

yes i have updated firmware to 1.4 and used global attenuation. its odd because njsp comes in very good on all my other scanners 5 bars.im wondering if i can do any internal adjustment

JD21960

Premium Subscriber
I would take GLOBAL attenuation off. I mean just stopping the scanner manually on the Control channel ONLY, pushing the little "atten" button and that's it. That way everything isn't "attenuated" just the 800mhz system signal *which is too strong* . I doubt it will help any though. There was an adjustment I did inside the scanner by turning a little screw slightly, very little as my reception had gotten worse all around. It's mentioned in the WIKI-Pro96/2096 pages here in Radio REF.
https://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/PRO-96_Internal_Adjustments

https://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/Pro-2096

Last edited by a moderator:

lou9155

what i found is by manual tuning i do get transmissions at freq. that are off by .625 khz so im thinking its a rebanding table issue ?..very confusing

Status
Not open for further replies.