Repair question for UPMan

Status
Not open for further replies.

kg4pbd

My trusty 436 finally starting showing the clock/battery issue, so I just sent it in today. I included a note asking if they could replace the rubber cover on the ports, as it came off long ago. Will that be something they can do and will I be billed? I also noted that though it was showing the clock error, it also will need the display replacement, as it's the original version.

Thanks!

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Not sure what repair's policy (or cost) is on replacing the rubber, but it should be minimal, if anything. To fix the clock/battery, they replace the main board, which includes the full display assembly.

KK4JUG

Premium Subscriber
I recently acquired a second 436 from a friend. It had the clock problem. I immediately sent it in. It was received by Uniden on 3/9 and is supposed to be delivered by UPS tomorrow. Repair and transportation from Texas in a week! Amazing! Thanx, guys.

KK4JUG

Premium Subscriber
I recently acquired a second 436 from a friend. It had the clock problem. I immediately sent it in. It was received by Uniden on 3/9 and is supposed to be delivered by UPS tomorrow. Repair and transportation from Texas in a week! Amazing! Thanx, guys.

I spoke too soon. UPS say Uniden left the condo number off the shipping address. The 436 didn't make it. I knew it was going waaaay to smoothly,

Status
Not open for further replies.