Freescan: FreeScan; ordering Sites and Groups

Status
Not open for further replies.

kittrav

Premium Subscriber
I would like to change the order of Sites and Groups in the left-hand pane of FreeScan.

I would prefer to have Sites listed first, unlocked before those checked "Locked," followed by Groups in order of their Group Quick Key.

Under the "Edit" tab, "Sort" is grayed out, so I've been using the "View" tab's "Sort by" with the "Quick Key" box checked, but that mixes Sites and Groups.

Even if there were just up and down arrows, as in the right-hand pane, that would work.

In my efforts to get things the way I wanted, I've somehow lost the Quick Key brackets in the left pane after each of the Sites and Groups. Uninstalling and then re-installing FreeScan did not bring that info back.

Paul

marksmith

As long as your radio still has the info, you should be able to delete all data in the application, and then save the radio to the application.

Mark
536/436/ws1095/996p2/996xt/325p2/396xt/psr800/396t/HP-1/HP-2 & others

kittrav

Premium Subscriber
"As long as your radio still has the info, you should be able to delete all data in the application, and then save the radio to the application."

The problem with doing that is one loses all of the info entered into FreeScan's "Comment" column.

And, once the radio's programming is uploaded to a new FreeScan file, I still don't know how to rearrange and reorder Sites and Groups under each System.

As for the loss of the bracketed Quick Keys in the left-hand pane, I tried opening an older FreeScan file. When that file opened, it also didn't have the bracketed Quick Keys after each System, Site and Group, as before. I'm thinking I changed some FreeScan parameter, but I don't know which.

kittrav

Premium Subscriber
I would like to change the order of Sites and Groups in the left-hand pane of FreeScan.

I would prefer to have Sites listed first, unlocked before those checked "Locked," followed by Groups in order of their Group Quick Key.

Under the "Edit" tab, "Sort" is grayed out, so I've been using the "View" tab's "Sort by" with the "Quick Key" box checked, but that mixes Sites and Groups.

Even if there were just up and down arrows, as in the right-hand pane, that would work.

In my efforts to get things the way I wanted, I've somehow lost the Quick Key brackets in the left pane after each of the Sites and Groups. Uninstalling and then re-installing FreeScan did not bring that info back.

Paul
Discovered why I had lost bracketed Quick Keys in the left-hand pane.

In the View tab, I had unchecked "Show Quick Keys F6."

So I'm back to the question: Can I rearrange Sites and Groups in the left-hand pane?

Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.