FRS ch 4 in Winnipeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

JonWoy

Over the last few weeks I have been hearing some type of digital communication coming over FRS Chan 4, in Winnipeg.

I don’t have a digital scanner. Does anyone know what this may be?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

harryshute

Premium Subscriber
Over the last few weeks I have been hearing some type of digital communication coming over FRS Chan 4, in Winnipeg.

I don’t have a digital scanner. Does anyone know what this may be?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

462.6375 is licensed in Winnipeg to International Malting Company. It's a digital frequency.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
Nice how one manufacturer does this, creates a device that generates lots of digital "noise" so that other
FRS radio users have to now suffer with that noise.Seems unfair to me.

It's such a tiny short burst you'd probably never notice it.

Last edited:

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
Nice how one manufacturer does this, creates a device that generates lots of digital "noise" so that other

Whether it is voice or "digital noise" it would still be generated and cause interference to other users.

bill4long

Nice how one manufacturer does this, creates a device that generates lots of digital "noise" so that other FRS radio users have to now suffer with that noise.Seems unfair to me.

You don't have to "suffer" the noise. If you need to use a particular channel then program your radios to use a CTCSS (tone squelch) that the "offending" transmitter is not transmitting. Then you will only hear radios transmitting your chosen CTCSS tone on that channel. There are 32 standard CTCSS tones.

Or just use a different channel. There are 22 of them.

Last edited:

BC_Scan

this would be International Maltings new 3 freq DMR Cap plus system see also 462.025 R1-462.6375 R2-461.6000 R3 is 3rd fx , information has been submitted to database.

JonWoy

Are there suppose to be digital transmissions on the same frequencies as FRS?

robertmac

Premium Subscriber
I've heard a lot of digital signals on FRS/GMRS in Calgary and a search of frequencies does not show any licensed users. Although lately I have not heard any, most were heard last year. But if construction uses them, would suspect will hear some as weather improves.

Mars_P25

Paid RR Supporter
Banned

Unfair? Really? Dude, we're talking FRS here. It's a secondary, non-licensed, non-protected allocation. You need to educate yourself some more before making comments like that again.

Status
Not open for further replies.