• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Motorola MaraTrac

Status
Not open for further replies.

TexasMale

Premium Subscriber
I have two Mara Trac radios Brand New one box never opened, I opened one of them just to see what was in the box. How do I tell if they are VHF or UHF and any other thing I need so that I may sell these Radios.

Thanks for your help

RadioGuy7268

They have a limited audience. They are wideband radios, so they're not really going to be worthwhile in any part 90 service.

Hams might be interested in them for the higher power output, but most people seemed to be focused on digital modes, so you're even playing into a limited audience there.

Ebay shows recent sales for VHF units going anywhere from $50 to $150.

MSS-Dave

That is going to depend on what frequency band the radios are on and their condition. Complete used radios can get between $100 and $200 depending on condition and demand. You said you had one brand new in the box so that may bring a little more but they are fairly old radios. The only real advantage is they are programmable with software.

If you can post the model number of the radios you have that would be helpful, there may even be somebody reading this thread that would be interested in buying one.

FFPM571

Premium Subscriber
Low band Matatrac is worth more to the Hams as they can be modded for ham use easily...

k9wkj

i run a A9 head MaraTrac on 6M in my van
someday i hope to find a bottom split for 10M

you cant tell what split the lowbanders are by the model #
one must look at the part # of one of the boards inside

all of this is talked about on the previously linked Repeater Builder site
fabulous old radios
I have been able to give them modded firmware to get a handle on the power and deviation control issues they have when moving to the ham bands

TexasMale

Premium Subscriber
these two radios are 110 watts Mara Trac radios the Frequency 42.0 to 50.0

Radio # 1
Model = T81XTA7TA7BK
Serial = 776TWG0909

Radio # 2
Model = T81XTA7TA7BK
Serial = 776TWG0908

fabulous old radios
I have been able to give them modded firmware to get a handle on the power and deviation control issues they have when moving to the ham bands

i have a 36-42MHZ Maratrac hard to find a buyer and shippiing it would cost a lot

gargamel1901

fabulous old radios

I'm guessing you meant a CH that resembles an A9. Maratrac heads (HCN1052 or 1089) are not interchangeable with X9000/Spectra lines.

As for 6 and 10 together on one drawer, a T71 X9000 will do that, and then some.....

No issues with deviation or PA output going off the rails when programmed for OOB operation either.

MSS-Dave

these two radios are 110 watts Mara Trac radios the Frequency 42.0 to 50.0

Radio # 1
Model = T81XTA7TA7BK
Serial = 776TWG0909

Radio # 2
Model = T81XTA7TA7BK
Serial = 776TWG0908
So you have the more desirable VHF low-band radios that can be converted for 6 meter Ham Radio use. Post them on the for sale section of radio reference or put them on eBay. Shipping one of those is going to be around $30 in the US UPS Ground.

Project25_MASTR

Millennial Graying OBT Guy
So you have the more desirable VHF low-band radios that can be converted for 6 meter Ham Radio use. Post them on the for sale section of radio reference or put them on eBay. Shipping one of those is going to be around $30 in the US UPS Ground.

Not to mention to the right buyer, they could go into commercial service as the low-band radio supply is becoming more difficult to come by...especially since low band was not required to narrowband.

k9wkj

I'm guessing you meant a CH that resembles an A9. Maratrac heads

yup ive had my head in other places
C9 heads
99 channels of awesome
and both of my running 6M MaraTracs have squelch controls!

i like mono band radios
and ill find a 10M maratrac someday
but its true that 99 channels on 10M FM would be very silly:D

RFI-EMI-GUY

Florida DOT uses those radios in the 47 MHz band. The programming cable is same as a Maxtrac with the square bud box and RJ connector. You plug it into the drawer unit.

W5KVV

Easiest way to tell a low split Maratrac is by the HUB/TANAPA #. HUB1114A is the one you want.

As long as the radio hasn't been molested and the sticker hasn't been scraped off that is. Other than that you'll have to open it up and look at the boards or read the radio.

I have a stack of Maratracs in the mobile on 2m 6m & 70cm. Fantastic performers. I've been looking for the low split to finish my stack for years. They're a rare bird.

Of all the Maratrac radios, the 29.7-36 meg split is the rarest, and most valuable.

Status
Not open for further replies.