Monroeville Police New Radio System

Status
Not open for further replies.

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
No new licenses recently. It appears their current system is VHF which was designed for mobile radios not portables. VHF doesn't penetrate buildings like UHF does. It appears their elected officials dropped the ball many seasons ago.

n3obl

Ø
Database Admin
They are going to repurpose the fire ground 2 channel to use for police and also possibly a second channel.

pegger

oh no I am aware I have been following this closely the first video I posted is from Feb 2018 but that later is 2013 it has been a long ongoing issue

mule1075

Feed Provider
I think the only 800mhz frequencies available would be Penn Hills old pair. Even if they are available i don't know if they would go that route. Just my opinion though.

pegger

They had a company from las vegas handle their FCC license but I have seen no changes and thenew equipment is in so I assume time will tell this story

n3obl

Ø
Database Admin
No. with different pl they could still interfere.

The 800 mention was to an old 800 system that Alleg county was trying to implement. They do have an 800 opensky system for the county but its only for county emergency management.

They are going uhf so they will be able to switch channels as needed to talk with neighboring depts and vice versa.

Thanks Frank !

So after watching the videos, If they went with Allegheny County. Would they get their own frequency that the County already has? ie: The old 471.1375 Regional Freq or any ideas? They are pretty busy to share with Plum and Penn Hills.

ffemt134

Feed Provider
Thanks Frank !

So after watching the videos, If they went with Allegheny County. Would they get their own frequency that the County already has? ie: The old 471.1375 Regional Freq or any ideas? They are pretty busy to share with Plum and Penn Hills.

You'll likely never see Monroeville switch to county unless it's absolutey the last resort with no other options. They're very adamant about doing it themselves; they don't even use their county station numbers, much less go to 911.

n3obl

Ø
Database Admin
Still in process of being built out. At some point police vehicles will have to get UHF mobiles and antennas installed as they currently don't have any.

Hearing possibly by end of year.

PHRadio

I found this thread today while searching for information regarding their switch. I currently listen using a handheld programed to receive and no transmit programed. Today I have been hearing mostly dispatch, and not responding officers. I just heard radio tell an officer that he would not hear the other unit as they were on UHF. So, now I search for that frequency. I may have to get an actual scanner now, as the handheld I am using only goes to 470MHz. Hopefully they won't go higher than that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.