AMR In, ETMC Out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nd5y

Isn't ETMC on TxWARN? Maybe AMR uses a commercial trunked system or maybe they use TxWARN and the author, or whoever provided the information to the author, doesn't know the difference and thinks they have a better system.

texasemt13

CenTex DBA
Premium Subscriber
In San Antonio when AMR held the 911 contract (early 2000-teens) they rented space on a local LTR system. AMR has 911 contracts elsewhere in the country too, it may be worth it to see if it's commonplace for them to rent space from a local provider.

nd5y

AMR has a ton of systems licensed in various areas. They probably also use private SMR or local government trunked systems depending on the area.

Here in Wichita Falls AMR dispatches their units on their own VHF simplex frequency but they also have city 800 MHz trunked radios their office and in at least some of the meatwagons.

The Wichita Falls AMR office also dispatches for Stephens County, OK. I don't know if they provide service to the whole county or just Duncan and Marlow. They have a UHF repeater in Duncan and a control station here. I have no idea about FD interoperability there.

jason51

I would keep an eye out for conventional UHF license for Waco. AMR will not purchase anything. They do not want any radio traffic and want to rely on their Logus system ( that goes down every day, several times a day) They would also be more likely to rent SMR. Those are all details that could be found in the contract for ambulance service with Waco.
As far as Wichita Falls, they are on the same simplex system that they have had since the 80’s .
They do not carry 800 radios for FD, only one in dispatch and the dispatchers refuse to talk on them.
Wichita Falls and Duncan/Marlow dispatch is moving to AMR’s dallas dispatch center effective sometime between March 31 and April 15. I would not expect to hear any radio traffic when that switch occurs.

fasteddy64

When AMR took over our local EMS provider in Abilene, MetroCare, all they did was add their name to the company logo.
They continue to operate on the VHF repeater that was already in place

Ed
KG5UN
Abilene

z31jaime

same here. they use same radios and frequencies as the old company and changed names on the fcc license. looks like they just did that alot in the fcc database.

Ensnared

TxWarn Bye Bye

Isn't ETMC on TxWARN? Maybe AMR uses a commercial trunked system or maybe they use TxWARN and the author, or whoever provided the information to the author, doesn't know the difference and thinks they have a better system.

When Waco used the TxWarn frequencies used at the former site, ETMC was patched through to the Waco system. TxWarn removed the Waco site.

Russell

Texas DB Admin
Database Admin
When Waco came off of TxWARN I thought ETMC Dispatch used a voice/data wireline or internet link to the new Waco system. This is common. I suspect AMR will do the same thing.

I am not convinced that AMR has a "superior" communications system. I suspect they will simply use talk groups on the Waco system just as ETMC does. Most likely, they will use the exact same talk groups.

Last edited:

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
ETMC has been shedding EMS operations in certain areas where they were not getting sufficient reimbursements on their operations. They dropped some areas in East Texas some time ago, and also dropped Ellis County and Kaufman County.

CareFlite temporarily took over parts of Ellis County, but then withdrew and service went to AMR. CareFlite also dropped Johnson County last fall, but still (I think) handle calls in Kaufman. AMR took CareFlite's place in Johnson County as well.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
Also note, AMR is moving onto digital formats where available, and is in fact building out their own systems in some locations. In MS thy are now using their own DMR system fully encrypted for primary comms, and in TN are using the TACN in the very near future, and use multiple systems here in IN. So it can be challenging to find them if they do not have their own system built up.

Ensnared

Technical, Not

When Waco came off of TxWARN I thought ETMC Dispatch used a voice/data wireline or internet link to the new Waco system. This is common. I suspect AMR will do the same thing.

I am not convinced that AMR has a "superior" communications system. I suspect they will simply use talk groups on the Waco system just as ETMC does. Most likely, they will use the exact same talk groups.

Sir, I am clueless about how this transpired. At the time, I was talking to the man who was installing the system, but I cannot find him anymore.

I absolutely hate listening to most of the radio traffic for medical. I find it incredibly boring unless I've witnessed an accident & want to know the seriousness of injuries.

Last edited:

JRR4607

Premium Subscriber
TGID

So has anyone been able to find out any of the TGID for AMR in Waco Tx. The only one that i'm hearing is TG 261 on the Heart of Texas Regional Radio system.

Larrybl

AMR

Yes AMR is using the HOTRRS Talk Groups that were assigned for ETMC. EMS DISP 258
I did take the liberty to correct the EMS-TAC5, EMS-TAC6, HILLCRESE ER, and PROVIDENCE ER Talk groups so they are now in sequence. AMR is using Control Stations in the Waco Dispatch Center.
Yes, I am still the Waco System Manager for a little longer.

JRR4607

Premium Subscriber
I'm not hearing no activity on the AMR DISP TGID 258. I'm still hearing ETMC DISP TGID 258 from time to time. I am hearing activity on 609 and 610 AMR ambulance to hospital.

Last edited:

kc5qih

Amateur Radio Operator and Scanning Enthusiast
I'm not hearing no activity on the AMR DISP TGID 258. I'm still hearing ETMC DISP TGID 258 from time to time. I am hearing activity on 609 and 610 AMR ambulance to hospital.

You won't hear as much traffic on the dispatch side because of the way AMR dispatches calls. They use a point and click computer system that sends the calls to the trucks and usually you'll only hear the dispatcher when the personnel on the truck have questions about the call. My step-dad is a dispatcher for them and I work in the same building on the PD side.

JRR4607

Premium Subscriber
Okay thanks this makes sense now. I was wondering why I was only hearing them sometimes.

Larrybl

AMR is using the EMS-DISP Talk group Hex 102 / Dec 258. I never named it ETMC DISP
Hillcrest is Hex 105 / Dec 261
Prov is Hex 106 / Dec 262
If you are hearing anything on 609 and 610 I need to look into this as those were changed to 105 and 106.

I keep forgetting that the scanners use Decimal, where some radios use Hexadecimal.

Ensnared

Thanks

AMR is using the EMS-DISP Talk group Hex 102 / Dec 258. I never named it ETMC DISP
Hillcrest is Hex 105 / Dec 261
Prov is Hex 106 / Dec 262
If you are hearing anything on 609 and 610 I need to look into this as those were changed to 105 and 106.

I keep forgetting that the scanners use Decimal, where some radios use Hexadecimal.

Thank you so very much for clearing this up. Recently, due to inaccurate information being shared, I had to clarify whether Woodway had joined HOTRRS. I think this is getting cleared up. Someone also reported encrypted traffic on TG 275. Care to comment?

Status
Not open for further replies.