List of encrypted CT emergency agencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

izzyj4

Premium Subscriber
Here is what I went through listed in the data base. I only looked at municipal / state agencies. I may have missed a few.

FAIRFIELD COUNTY
Bridgeport Police
Greenwich Police (TRS) [other agencies not encrypted]
Monroe Fire (Training channel encrypted only)
Stratford Police
Trumbull Police
Wilton Police

HARTFORD COUNTY
Bristol Police (TRS - all other agencies in the clear)
New Britain PD Vice TG on TRS (everything else in the clear)

LITCHFIELD COUNTY
None.

MIDDLESEX COUNTY
None.

NEW HAVEN COUNTY
Meriden Police
Milford Police
Waterbury PD has 1 surveillance channel encrypted on the TRS, all others in the clear
West Haven PD Channels 1 & 2

NEW LONDON COUNTY
Mohegan Sun TRS has certain PD, FD & Security TGs encrypted

TOLLAND COUNTY
None.

WINDHAM COUNTY
None.

CSP TRS SYSTEM
Only certain TGs assigned to special Ops / IA are encrypted, 99% of the TGs are in the clear.

izzyj4

Premium Subscriber
Forgot Naugatuck Police Channel 2 in the list. Channel 1 is free and clear.

KK4JUG

Premium Subscriber
I know I don't have a dog in this fight but you guys are lucky: 8 counties. Here in Georgia, we have 159, each with its own radio system. That doesn't include the cities.

sefrischling

Public Information Officer
I know I don't have a dog in this fight but you guys are lucky: 8 counties. Here in Georgia, we have 159, each with its own radio system. That doesn't include the cities.

Here virtually every town has their own radio system, often PD and FD are on different systems. Go into Groton CT, within Groton you have three independent municipal PDs, one is 800 analog conventional, one is VHF the other is UHF, coupled with Navy law enforcement that is on UHF-R1 Phase 1 trunking. The interop between the departments is dispatch to dispatch only, and is on 45mhz.

Monitoring that one town alone pretty sums up the state :0)

KK4JUG

Premium Subscriber
Here virtually every town has their own radio system, often PD and FD are on different systems. Go into Groton CT, within Groton you have three independent municipal PDs, one is 800 analog conventional, one is VHF the other is UHF, coupled with Navy law enforcement that is on UHF-R1 Phase 1 trunking. The interop between the departments is dispatch to dispatch only, and is on 45mhz.

Monitoring that one town alone pretty sums up the state :0)

Many of our counties are poor and have only a sheriff's office, no municipal police and a volunteer fire department. They have had the same radio system for 30 years or more and it's usually an old dependable Motorola Motrac on VHF simplex. They can't afford anything else. The towns are so small they have to take turns being the town drunk and entering and leaving the city are on the same sign.

What you described sounds a bit chaotic. I take back what I said about having it rough down here.

Status
Not open for further replies.